Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
61 - 80 of 3663 Posts

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
So last night I installed a new terminal for my winch hoping it solves my shorting issue, but with no luck... Now the other side is heating up... I think I'm going to have to install a distribution center for all my accessory wires... :brickwall:

Today I took Ruger for his first ride in the jeep to go wash it!

He already wants to drive it :laugh:

Serious faces.
Holy crap that's a lot of ****! Maybe it's time for a dual battery setup...

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
schaef89 said:
Nice build man, keep it up. Random question, what is this /f12 sticker for that you three have?
It's a very exclusive club in a section of this site. You must have 3 distinctive qualifying factors to join. 4 Leaf springs, square headlights, and grey hair from your problematic jeep. :laugh: it's the yj section if jeepforum. Jeepforum.com/forum/F12

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Sparrows said:
Or a fuse block :) Cheers
Most are already fused, but I wouldn't mind consolidating.

I think a distribution terminal would be the easiest solution. 1 lead from battery to distributor and all the Acc will hook up these, leaving me with the larger main connections at the battery directly ( alt, winch, starter, relay box)

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
So I had a blast yesterday at the 4wheelers supply rock and ramp it up in cave creek last night. There was about 100 jeeps ranging from slightly modded to full blown hammers buggies all lining up to try out the rock obstacle and rti ramp.

RTI ramp. Scored a 916

My go at the obstacle! Only a handful of jeeps out of over 60 competitors made it up. There was a lot of big holes with soft dirt between each boulder which made it extremely difficult and ALOT of carnage! About a dozen people snapped drivelines. No damage for me thankfully!

·
Registered
412 Posts
It's a very exclusive club in a section of this site. You must have 3 distinctive qualifying factors to join. 4 Leaf springs, square headlights, and grey hair from your problematic jeep. :laugh: it's the yj section if jeepforum. Jeepforum.com/forum/F12
How does one go about getting a f12 sticker?

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
So last night i drove an hour to I get what I thought I was a toyota 4.10 8" rear axle

But as I disassembled the axle I found out it was a 7.5" 3.07 axle. You can imagine I was extremely disappointed!! Luckily the guy said e would give me my $$ back

So I'm still on the hunt for a 4cyl 4.10 5 lug 8" yota axle , but today I ditched class and repainted my fiberglass slider uppers to a tan trying to match my spice top only to have the color off AGAIN!! I'm OCD when it comes to this stuff so I'm never happy.
Before. Flexin hard as you can see :laugh:

After. Im gonna go and get a paint a few shades darker tonight

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
So last night i drove an hour to I get what I thought I was a toyota 4.10 8" rear axle

But as I disassembled the axle I found out it was a 7.5" 3.07 axle. You can imagine I was extremely disappointed!! Luckily the guy said e would give me my $$ back

So I'm still on the hunt for a 4cyl 4.10 5 lug 8" yota axle , but today I ditched class and repainted my fiberglass slider uppers to a tan trying to match my spice top only to have the color off AGAIN!! I'm OCD when it comes to this stuff so I'm never happy.
Before. Flexin hard as you can see :laugh:

After. Im gonna go and get a paint a few shades darker tonight
Man, did the guy not even look to see what kind of axle it was or what?

·
GIVE IT THE ONION
6,465 Posts
AZdEvilYJ said:
So last night i drove an hour to I get what I thought I was a toyota 4.10 8" rear axle But as I disassembled the axle I found out it was a 7.5" 3.07 axle. You can imagine I was extremely disappointed!! Luckily the guy said e would give me my $$ back So I'm still on the hunt for a 4cyl 4.10 5 lug 8" yota axle , but today I ditched class and repainted my fiberglass slider uppers to a tan trying to match my spice top only to have the color off AGAIN!! I'm OCD when it comes to this stuff so I'm never happy. Before. Flexin hard as you can see :laugh: After. Im gonna go and get a paint a few shades darker tonight
Almost should have painted the light brown instead of tan!

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Took the jeep, and went out in the early rain to a new spot trying to slay some quail and I got skunked. 2 birds today, got 4 on Tuesday... The search for a new hunting spot continues

Pretty area tho about 15 min north of me. Found some cool, fairly moderate trails that would be a fun and scenic ride

·
GIVE IT THE ONION
6,465 Posts
Took the jeep, and went out in the early rain to a new spot trying to slay some quail and I got skunked. 2 birds today, got 4 on Tuesday... The search for a new hunting spot continues

Pretty area tho about 15 min north of me. Found some cool, fairly moderate trails that would be a fun and scenic ride
Well that sure is some pretty scenery out there!

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
So I finally figured out my winch issues after basically redoing all of my battery connections....

I feel like an idiot for not reading the wiring diagram for the winch.

There's a ground terminal under the winch motor for the ground to negative battery terminal I had missed. I had both the battery and solenoid ground hooked to the same terminal on top of the motor :brickwall:

Now to respool the cable and start recovering sh*t! :laugh:

Also I don't know if this classifies as jerry rigging, but I switched my terminals to the posts with a butterfly nut. I didn't have enough room and I was out of eyelets for a larger gauge wire so I used a 175a fuse to connects all my accessories with a bolt on one end and hooked the other end to the bolt on the terminal. Everything has power so far, but idk if it will cause a problem later to have a common ground like this..

61 - 80 of 3663 Posts