Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

AzDevilYJ's build thread... finally

360498 3660
SO im a little late to the game with this build thread, about 4 years to be exact but never to late :D The first few pages are just catching this thread up to date.

Background: I got this jeep from a hunting pal of my dads for $2K and all it needed was a fuel pump. Pretty simple and great deal if you ask me! :2thumbsup:

Year - 1995 YJ 2.5L/Ax-5 Rio Grande Edition

Day I brought her home

So heres about 6 months after i brought her home... Mods had already began here with some 130w KCs and 30x9.50 Mud Claws.

And Current Pic- 35x12.5 Baja Claws; Metalcloak 4" arched fender; Poison spyder trail stinger, steel corners, and hood louvers; Warn Sliders, ENGO 9k winch, Lock-Rite up front, open rear, Ford injectors, 4.0TB, Cold Air intake, Inertia Ring on flywheel, Taurus Fan, 2 -2x3 LED fogs upfront, 40" LED bar on windsheid, LED rocklights and gauges; durango steering box, 136 GC alternator, and im sure im missing things.

Hope everyone enjoys the build up :cheers2:
21 - 40 of 3661 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Gage56 said:
Ahhh Sedona

Red Rock Country, Ive always wanted to go there :drool:
It is really gorgeous scenery I've been there with the fam a few times as a teenager, but I'm definitely due for a trip with the jeep.

They have these offroad tours called the pink jeep tours, they're really popular for the tourist. I see them cruising through Phoenix on occasion(you can't really miss a pepto bismol jeep). I heard you can use their trails through the mtns, but I wana find the rough stuff!

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So a couple weeks ago I got some led fog lights with amber covers for the dusty night runs and snowboard season, but the cheapo covers barely held themselves on with the clips. So I went to Walmart and got $0.88 worth of Velcro, broke out the dremel and grinding wheel and cut some slots in the covers. Shouldnt lose one now!

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
So a couple weeks ago I got some led fog lights with amber covers for the dusty night runs and snowboard season, but the cheapo covers barely held themselves on with the clips. So I went to Walmart and got $0.88 worth of Velcro, broke out the dremel and grinding wheel and cut some slots in the covers. Shouldnt lose one now!
Good thinkin!

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
So I got my 40" led bar hooked back up and decided to do a comparison of all my lights...

No light

Low beams(headlight mod)

High beams(headlight mod)

2x3 LED fog

2x3 LEF Fog w yellow covers

40" LED bar

130w KC spots

Rock lights

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
ashland82391 said:
Carlos is that you lol
Hardy har har! Don't hate! I'm workin on a runner up! :rofl: you gotta be able to see on the night runs!!! Not quite bringing the sun with me, but definitely a full moon!!!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
It is really gorgeous scenery I've been there with the fam a few times as a teenager, but I'm definitely due for a trip with the jeep.

They have these offroad tours called the pink jeep tours, they're really popular for the tourist. I see them cruising through Phoenix on occasion(you can't really miss a pepto bismol jeep). I heard you can use their trails through the mtns, but I wana find the rough stuff!
Yup i Have a Lady Friend the goes there alot and she had told me about the Pink Jeep's LOL

http://www.viator.com/Sedona-and#38...door-Activities/d750-g9-c32?pref=02&aid=g3226

And Jeep is looking Ohh Soo Sweet :thumbsup:

Hardy har har! Don't hate! I'm workin on a runner up! :rofl: you gotta be able to see on the night runs!!! Not quite bringing the sun with me, but definitely a full moon!!!
:laugh:

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Carlos14 said:
Haha glad I found this! Lookin good AZ. Your yj is legit one of my favorite ones on here. If I had all that money, mine would look similar! :thumbsup:

Subb'd
Haha thanks! I don't have much money really. it's alot of saving $ and coming up on selling parts. I rent an apt, pay my bills, go to school full time, and work full time. I have about $0.60 in my acct until tomorrow :laugh: I don't go to the bars or eat at restaurants very often. So it's all how I've chosen to spend my money and feed my expensive hobbies.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Haha thanks! I don't have much money really. it's alot of saving $ and coming up on selling parts. I rent an apt, pay my bills, go to school full time, and work full time. I have about $0.60 in my acct until tomorrow :laugh: I don't go to the bars or eat at restaurants very often. So it's all how I've chosen to spend my money and feed my expensive hobbies.
My God. My account went below $100 once and I vowed never to go that low again. So I put half of my account in savings. My friends even make fun of me for buying Target brand Cheez its. :laugh:

21 - 40 of 3661 Posts