Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
3621 - 3640 of 3667 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,621 ·
Little bit a progress on the front. Cut off the rear spring hangers for the front, added in some new beefy ones 1.5” further forward for some stretch and better shackle angle. What do you guys think of the angle? I think it’s going to ride and flex a ton better than it even already did, but more importantly it should help mitigate more bent springs

Also, the Jeep may sit a bit higher with the RE 1.5” lift SOA springs unfortunately, but Ashland got creative with the leafs and may have brought it down 1/2” or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,458 Posts
Looks good, maybe a tad much on the shackle angle cuz at least on my phone I could see that centerbolt contacting the spring? What do I know, though? You operate at a higher level than I have.

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,624 ·
Looks good, maybe a tad much on the shackle angle cuz at least on my phone I could see that centerbolt contacting the spring? What do I know, though? You operate at a higher level than I have.
Good catch! The center bolt is coming out, with that much angle I won’t have to worry about inversion.

I may move to a straight shackle but I don’t think there is a difference at that point with no center bolt

·
Send It!
1989 Jeep YJ Wrangler
2,246 Posts
Little bit a progress on the front. Cut off the rear spring hangers for the front, added in some new beefy ones 1.5” further forward for some stretch and better shackle angle. What do you guys think of the angle? I think it’s going to ride and flex a ton better than it even already did, but more importantly it should help mitigate more bent springs

Also, the Jeep may sit a bit higher with the RE 1.5” lift SOA springs unfortunately, but Ashland got creative with the leafs and may have brought it down 1/2” or so.

That’s exactly the amount I moved mine forward.

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,627 ·
I cant wait to see how these springs work out for you. Im sitting on yet another set of bent rancho 44044s and debating on calling Alcan or doing the same as you
I’m sure they’re going to be great. I wish I didn’t get any lift from them tho. I’m already taller than I would like to be honestly

I did email Alcan about them building springs for me a year or so ago. Basically asked to make the same springs as these RE reverse eye springs with zero lift but they were like $700 each or something ridiculous. It’s probably gone up even more since then

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
I think they would work in my situation since Im using waggy lift springs. I may even have to get a longer shackle since the 44044s are supposed to give a YJ like 4"s. While I would like my rig to be a bit lower, it works and I dont feel like redoing all that anytime soon lol

I saw a YJ with some sick looking leafs in one of the YJ FB groups. Turns out the dude works at Alcan. I asked if he could make a replacement for the 44044 that I couldnt bend and he said we can make whatever you want lol but I never got a price and fully expected it to be in the $700 range

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I’m sure they’re going to be great. I wish I didn’t get any lift from them tho. I’m already taller than I would like to be honestly

I did email Alcan about them building springs for me a year or so ago. Basically asked to make the same springs as these RE reverse eye springs with zero lift but they were like $700 each or something ridiculous. It’s probably gone up even more since then

Yeah, for that money you are making a big dent in the cost to just link the front

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,630 ·
Yeah, for that money you are making a big dent in the cost to just link the front
Exactly. Thats why I just got the RE springs for way less and just make them work for the time being until I link it

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,631 ·
Finally sitting on its own weight. It should be home in a few weeks. I’m 1” taller than Ashland from the ground at 43.5” to the bottom of the M on the front of the metalcloak. Once the springs settle I should be around 43.

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,635 ·
Two badass looking YJ's. Wish I was able to keep mine, in addition to the buggy.
It’s really to hard to keep and maintain 2 toys. I’d love to have a boat too but I can’t justify the cost to maintain both.

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,636 ·
I cannot unsee the tiny spare :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 4160030

Rig looks badass though. Now get out there and test those leafs so I can order some too lol
Carlos said the same thing on Instagram i didn’t even notice now I can’t Unsee it either

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,639 ·
Alright, its been a couple weeks...Have you put it to the test yet??
Haha it wheeled good during the shake down, but no I haven’t touched it until Saturday I had a couple hours. I started painting some of the bare metal, but rain came through and put a stop to that. I’m going to move it back into the garage tonight or tomorrow so I can start messin with it.

Sent from the side of the road

3621 - 3640 of 3667 Posts