Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
3481 - 3500 of 3553 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,481 ·
Still gotta situate and bolt the fuel cell down, but it’s the first time I’ve had a backseat in the jeep in almost 10 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,482 ·
Glad to see you back around, I thought for sure the way the thread had left off you sold it.
I had a buyer and I called him a couple hours before he came to get it I couldn’t sell it

·
Premium Member
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,484 ·
Just linking the rear for now?
Yeah just the rear. I’ll see how the front goes, but I may stay SOA up front for now and just modify the mains to some waggy for more shackle angle and no stretch

·
Premium Member
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,485 ·
Scored a basically free complete sm465 4 speed trans. 6.5:1 first gear cast iron beast. It may or may not end up in the Jeep. I haven’t decided yet, but it won’t be anytime soon. I have the shifter handle, boot and a complete clutch for it not pictured

·
Registered
1985 cj-7 Laredo Arizona original pnt champagne metallic 4.0 fuel injected ,OD trans ,Dana 300 TC
1 Posts
The transformation from beginning of this thread to now is amazing . Glad to see you kept the Jeep I have owned many over the years and after selling one find myself months later searching for another .

·
Premium Member
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,490 ·
Just wondering why you wanted a back seat in your rig? I’ve always felt like putting someone back there was some form of torture… lol
I would like to bring the kid when he’s big enough to ride along

·
Premium Member
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,491 ·
The transformation from beginning of this thread to now is amazing . Glad to see you kept the Jeep I have owned many over the years and after selling one find myself months later searching for another .
Thanks! It’s almost like the Jeep from the beginning of this thread is gone, Bc the Jeep now shares nothing in common with the original Jeep expect the dashboard

·
Registered
12,678 Posts
I sold my back seat about 10 years ago. Never thought I would need it again…then I had kids and wished I would have kept it.

Greg, don’t you have an engine hoist?

·
Premium Member
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,493 ·
I sold my back seat about 10 years ago. Never thought I would need it again…then I had kids and wished I would have kept it.

Greg, don’t you have an engine hoist?

I’m going to replace this one eventually to a gray one, so you can have this one when this happens if you don’t already have one.

Also yes I have a hoist your welcome to, just say the word

·
Premium Member
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,494 ·
Picked up a cool 3rd brake light so hopefully I never get rear ended again I think I’m going to use the strobe setting for the brake light.

I don’t have a reverse switch for the shifter, but I think I’m gonna run a toggle to the shifter for a nice rear area light and I can use it for reverse if I’m in a parking lot or something where I need to be seen.

I’m debating location. I think I’m gonna run it under the tire so I can run my trasharoo fulltime like I have been.

·
Registered
944 Posts
That looks trick! I like and think I may grab a couple also. Lots of options in one package. Amazon?

Sent from my SM-A015A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,497 ·
I would run it below the tire as well. closer to eye level for most people. are you going to run the wiring though your tire rack?
No just inline with it with some loom and tie it into the brake light wiring.

Because I don’t have a reverse light switch off the reverse gear, I’m curious If I can’t grab the reverse wire at the tail lights and find where that wire terminates at

·
Premium Member
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,498 ·
That looks trick! I like and think I may grab a couple also. Lots of options in one package. Amazon?

UTV Chase LED Tail Light, kemimoto Chase Brake Light Bar with 5 Modes(Strobe, Courtesy, Reverse, Running, & Brake) Compatible with Polaris RZR Ranger Can Am Maverick X3-1.75'' to 2" Roll Bar Amazon.com

I got it with 20% off check the box at checkout type of deal, but it doesn’t look like it’s still going on.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Boy they're proud of em!

Rigid $220-$240
Suparee $110
Kimimoto $80

I definitely like the multi wire set up so you can use it as different things.

I'm thinking license plate light(courtesy)
And a center mounted reverse light.

Will have to see just how bright the courtesy is, may be too much.

·
Premium Member
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,500 ·
Who here has used the borgenson steering shaft? To damper or not to damper? Does it depend on what your Jeep came with or just what you want?

3481 - 3500 of 3553 Posts