Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
3461 - 3480 of 3553 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,461 ·
Im running both my steering assist and brakes off of the stock TC pump on my 4.0 I cant see anything from PSC not working for this setup.
Post up pics if you would. Curious to see what it looks like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,462 ·
Right. The Ford 3/4 ton truck for that year used a smaller master cyl than the dodge master you have installed.
I sent you a thing on IG, are the ones Lugnut4x4 the same/similar as yours?

·
Premium Member
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,464 ·
My hydro boost.
You T'd off the return and was the box already ported for hydroboost or is the hose run from the pump to brake booster then to steering box?

·
Premium Member
3,497 Posts
Ya the routing is from the pump pressure out to the brake booster then a pressure line from the booster down to the steering box. From the steering box is the low pressure return to the reservoir with a low pressure tee tap from the booster as well. My booster is from a Astro van and is a new unit that is sold on Ebay with the mounting bracket and rod already set up for a YJ. I got tired of messing with my brakes and just dropped the cash so I wouldn't have to mess with it anymore and Im glad I did. It came in and worked as advertised. I have been told that the Astro van unit can cause some problems with the steering assist and won't work with full hydro but 87TPIYJ told me the thinks a unit from a chevy 2500 would flow more than the van unit. I don't know because its working fine with my 1.75" ram except when trying to turn fast at an idle like into a parking spot, other then that I haven't had a problem.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,467 ·
Ended up ordering the Lugnut4x4 brake upgrade. I'm going to see how this performs and address the booster after the test drive. My goal is to get the project started this weekend

Lightning fast shipping for such a small company. I think it was 2-3 days from order to my door.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Nice, I'll have to check them out. May still need to look at hydro but even if you do these will bump up your capabilities to add to that too so it ain't like your wasting money.

Sent from my SM-A015A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,473 ·
Just kidding!! Quite the opposite. I decided to keep it and I ordered a 4 link kit from Barnes and some ORIs after some idiot rear ended me driving it around. The tire carrier saved my jeep from any damage but my leaf springs took the hit and bent them.

I also welded up my motobilt jerrycan mounts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Accident sucks but at least no real damage. Good reason for a great upgrade

Sent from my SM-A015A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,479 ·
That one way to link it

Yeah that’s how I sold my wife on it too. Look the rear end was always going to be temporary and this guy just paid for half the upgrade

3461 - 3480 of 3553 Posts