Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

AzDevilYJ's build thread... finally

362802 3670
SO im a little late to the game with this build thread, about 4 years to be exact but never to late :D The first few pages are just catching this thread up to date.

Background: I got this jeep from a hunting pal of my dads for $2K and all it needed was a fuel pump. Pretty simple and great deal if you ask me! :2thumbsup:

Year - 1995 YJ 2.5L/Ax-5 Rio Grande Edition

Day I brought her home

So heres about 6 months after i brought her home... Mods had already began here with some 130w KCs and 30x9.50 Mud Claws.

And Current Pic- 35x12.5 Baja Claws; Metalcloak 4" arched fender; Poison spyder trail stinger, steel corners, and hood louvers; Warn Sliders, ENGO 9k winch, Lock-Rite up front, open rear, Ford injectors, 4.0TB, Cold Air intake, Inertia Ring on flywheel, Taurus Fan, 2 -2x3 LED fogs upfront, 40" LED bar on windsheid, LED rocklights and gauges; durango steering box, 136 GC alternator, and im sure im missing things.

Hope everyone enjoys the build up :cheers2:
181 - 200 of 3671 Posts

· Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
ashland82391 said:
My moms got a nice shed. Really roomy, a bit dark though :)
Just watch for the dog's land mines :laugh:

Thats a long trip tho. I wouldn't want to drive that far either unless I had to. I love road trips but my 15hr drive to Colorado was about my limit haha

· Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Just watch for the dog's land mines :laugh:

Thats a long trip tho. I wouldn't want to drive that far either unless I had to. I love road trips but my 15hr drive to Colorado was about my limit haha
15 hours? You're only 7 away from me. You could get to Denver in another 8.

· Premium Member
9,047 Posts

· Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Took the beast for a cruise for the first time since the repair. Something kept killin the battery, think it was the e-fan so I wired in a switch to turn it off after I shut the motor off, we will see later if it was effective

Little poser pic next to my dads new '13 JKUR. They're pretty cool but I still prefer my yj (minus the 2.5 :thumbdown:)

Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Land vehicle

· Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
Carlos14 said:
I still love your YJ probably more than mine.. Just needs more lights and I'll trade ya!
Haha hook a brotha up and I could be all lit! My lighting is currently in a reassessment stage haha Ripped out my rock lights for a reroute and I'm not happy w my fleabay 2x3 led pods, so they might get swapped w a 10w led 15" bar.

I went up north for some javelina scouting and some light 4wheelin. Beautiful 45* weather And a little night riding later

· Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
Sparrows said:
I always love seeing your pics bro! Glad to see it back on the trail! Cheers
Thanks man. I am too, it's been over a month since nice driven it and I was a bit nervous about this trip. 175miles round trip through the mountains and in the pouring rain coming back.

Still not 100% comfortable w the 35s and stock shafts but that's what spares are for right!?

· Registered
8,340 Posts
Thanks man. I am too, it's been over a month since nice driven it and I was a bit nervous about this trip. 175miles round trip through the mountains and in the pouring rain coming back.

Still not 100% comfortable w the 35s and stock shafts but that's what spares are for right!?
How was it driving threw the mountains

· Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
ashland82391 said:
How was it driving threw the mountains
Not as bad as I imagined. Held a solid 55 up the steep hills in 3rd and hit 80 a couple times unintentionally. That's what the gps speedometer on my phone said anyway. I think it's pretty accurate tho.

I tried my hardest to keep the wheeling light but I saw a few places I had to do lol that lil rock garden was one I did about 3 times and then got hung up on my perch. Took about 30 min to get off trying to rock stack, when a z71 rolled by and have me a tug off the rock. I didn't snap any pics tho bc I initially thought I snapped a ujoint or another front shaft. But it was my d30 slamming into the rock as I slid sideways off it.

181 - 200 of 3671 Posts