Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
So a couple weeks ago I got some led fog lights with amber covers for the dusty night runs and snowboard season, but the cheapo covers barely held themselves on with the clips. So I went to Walmart and got $0.88 worth of Velcro, broke out the dremel and grinding wheel and cut some slots in the covers. Shouldnt lose one now!
Good thinkin!

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Not a whole lot to update.. Got my winch wired back up finally, time to spool up the new cable I got. Threw the top back on the jeep to keep out the dirty bums and tweekers downtown and drove it to school today.

The 35s are not bad at all on the freeway. I think it really moves 65-70 mph up into the powerband nicely. Trying to make it up a long hill on the freeway is another story!!

Here she is out of her habitat. Muddy 35s lookin boss I think!
Hahaha dirty bums and tweekers, love it!

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
So last night I installed a new terminal for my winch hoping it solves my shorting issue, but with no luck... Now the other side is heating up... I think I'm going to have to install a distribution center for all my accessory wires... :brickwall:

Today I took Ruger for his first ride in the jeep to go wash it!

He already wants to drive it :laugh:

Serious faces.
Holy crap that's a lot of ****! Maybe it's time for a dual battery setup...

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
So last night i drove an hour to I get what I thought I was a toyota 4.10 8" rear axle

But as I disassembled the axle I found out it was a 7.5" 3.07 axle. You can imagine I was extremely disappointed!! Luckily the guy said e would give me my $$ back

So I'm still on the hunt for a 4cyl 4.10 5 lug 8" yota axle , but today I ditched class and repainted my fiberglass slider uppers to a tan trying to match my spice top only to have the color off AGAIN!! I'm OCD when it comes to this stuff so I'm never happy.
Before. Flexin hard as you can see :laugh:

After. Im gonna go and get a paint a few shades darker tonight
Man, did the guy not even look to see what kind of axle it was or what?

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
So I picked up a steal on craigslist tonight. 2 PRP daily driver suspension seat with adjustable lumbar supports. Dark green and tan cordura fabric. They seem comfy so far, but I'll review them after I get them in the jeep and assess them properly after a run. They're my first time ever sitting in suspension seats so I have no comparison other than my 18yr old stock seats

Pulled out the passenger seat for the first time ever

Mocked one in. Gotta go to ace tomorrow and get some hardware to installation. The seats came with Tj/Lj brackets too that bolt right up to my seat sliders so no drilling for me!!

And lastly, Carnage from yesterday's excursion. Broken mount and bent shock

I don't know if I can straighten the shaft, but I'm goin to try.

I looked at some bilstein 5100 and 5150s which I would love to have but that's 2-300 for a pair of rears or just fork out the 50 for a replacement RE twin tube... I probably will go the latter route. Honestly didn't even notice a difference with out the shock.
Man those things were made for your Jeep lol

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Last night I cleaned my air filter and took off my flares for the day. I kinda like it flareless. Keeps it a bit more sleek. Eventually I'll get rear flares to match.

Well I had a fun little trip this morning. Did a little light 4wheelin and some quail hunting.

I gotta say these prp seats are the shizz. Comfy and they really hold you and make the rocky roads much more tolerable on my ***
Love the flareless

1 - 20 of 261 Posts