Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 3578 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO im a little late to the game with this build thread, about 4 years to be exact but never to late :D The first few pages are just catching this thread up to date.

Background: I got this jeep from a hunting pal of my dads for $2K and all it needed was a fuel pump. Pretty simple and great deal if you ask me! :2thumbsup:

Year - 1995 YJ 2.5L/Ax-5 Rio Grande Edition

Day I brought her home

So heres about 6 months after i brought her home... Mods had already began here with some 130w KCs and 30x9.50 Mud Claws.

And Current Pic- 35x12.5 Baja Claws; Metalcloak 4" arched fender; Poison spyder trail stinger, steel corners, and hood louvers; Warn Sliders, ENGO 9k winch, Lock-Rite up front, open rear, Ford injectors, 4.0TB, Cold Air intake, Inertia Ring on flywheel, Taurus Fan, 2 -2x3 LED fogs upfront, 40" LED bar on windsheid, LED rocklights and gauges; durango steering box, 136 GC alternator, and im sure im missing things.

Hope everyone enjoys the build up :cheers2:

·
Premium Member
8,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So instead of typing so much it's gonna be a photo progression build to catch up...

Bird slayer

First of 3 tcase rebuilds... Cleaned it all up and painted

Install of my 4"RE lift

New meats! 33x12.5r15 KM2s (look big here huh!?)

How to(or not to) test your new setup :laugh:

Yes it bent my bumper haha

Poison Spyder trail stinger, Tj flares, and building my winch plate

Installing new winch and poison spyder hood Louvers

Taurus e-fan install

Boner...

·
Premium Member
8,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anticanman said:
Bring it up here, I have lots of dove on the property.
A trip to Cali sure would be nice. I got some family in Ramona(edit:which I now see is quite the ways from Ripon) that need visiting soon. Damn school ruining all my plans haha

·
Premium Member
8,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
gst95dsm said:
Nice YJ man, I think cloaks and square headlights are a good match!
Thanks man! I'm a fan of your jeep as well! I've been watching your stretch and build, great work, and i can't wait to see the capabilities of the added wheelbase.

·
Premium Member
8,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sold my nerf bar step/ sliders I had picked up a few weeks ago. The my didn't line up very well with how far back the metalcloak fenders go. They stuck out forward into the wheel well about 3-4 inches. So it's another few bucks toward something new.

My buddy I rode with Monday night has some sparco style seats and 5 pt harness and wow do they keep you in the seat and make the bouncy trails a little easier on your arse. The only downside is they are a bit difficult to get out of and when your strapped in, you can't even lean to touch the dash or turn to see behind you, so that got a little old pretty quick.

With that being said,I may start looking for a set :laugh: I'm a fan of the offroad suspension buckets, but ill take whatever I find that's nice an at a good price.

·
Premium Member
8,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sparrows said:
Found your thread!
Sub'd!

Cheers
Nice to see you 'round these parts señior! Glad you found it :cheers2:

Ordered a new exhaust manifold today. I've had an annoying leak that doesn't go away until the metal gets hot enough to close the gap, so Im thinkin it's the notorious 2.5 exhaust manifold crack. Ive had the exhaust completely out when doing my clutch swap and I used new bolts and nuts to cinch up the pipe real good and still tickin, so this is the next step. Hopefully ill have a new fill exhaust by winter time.

1 - 20 of 3578 Posts