Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
personally never like por 15. tends to mean por workman ship cover it up for now. But rather hard to rust through axle housings never painted. I used the old sand blaster way, even cheap siphon gun would do it faster then a wire wheel and be 100x cleaner to metal. Like frosty clean. Love they way that happens is seconds too. You will need an air supply for sure. shop size. dont breath that stuff as well. Oh and a N95 mask that say stops something you can not see. Will not stop glass dust enough. that you can see...........need a hood too and jacket. I think it maybe not legal is some areas to even do today? They have water sand now that is better. or other media is safer. just not as low cost as sand.

Bare frosted clean to the bone steel flash rust near instantly. So a spray on metal prep is mostly alcohol and acid. Stuff i used gave it like lightly blued look. Then paint it with a None sanding DTM paint. Then top coat. reason i would go with a non sanding DTP epoxy. as long as you hit with the top coat before cure you get a better bond. body work you would be sanding unless this metal is done like few can.

cant cover rust. it never sleeps.
If you ever have to weld on a jeep. working around that stuff or bed line makes it rather fun, not.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts