Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Siphon feed sandblasters are inexpensive, do a better job and create longer lasting results than a wire brush. Skip the POR products. Do it right. Get rid of all rust and use quality products to coat it. Rust left below a surface will always oxidize and pop out later.... It is how bondo got a bad reputation.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Blasting is cool but I don't have the ability to do something this large. those little hand blasters do not work and I need a much bigger compressor to get the pressure pot later to work. Not in the cards right now.

This is what I mean by a siphon feed blaster. I have a craftsman version. It works very well. Yes, it heats up an air compressor but take your time. It is way faster and more effective than any wire brush. Using a wire brush is a waste of time IMO. You either make the rust go away altogether or you have done a repair that is not as effective. You can use this in your driveway, backyard, anywhere.

cant cover rust. it never sleeps.
222Doc said this and he is 1000% correct. Rust that is covered up still has the ingredients to oxidize and spread. You cannot lock it down. You must get rid of it.

Reactions: weapon
1 - 2 of 2 Posts