Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 WJ with a 3" lift and 32" Duratracs. i think im pretty set for cruising the trails but i am wondering if i should shell out some extra money for rock sliders??? I will be on mostly trails in northern Michigan, Wisconsin, and maybe Minnesota

·
Premium Member
6,053 Posts
Dude, that is something only you can answer. Here is a few questions to ask yourself:

Do you wheel you jeep?
Do you like to open your doors?
Have you ever scraped, dinged or came down hard on something at the midpoint of your jeep?

If you answered yes to more than one of those, get sliders.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
It's all dependent on where and what you wheel. I have a TJ have wheeled in a few places in the UP and northern WI. I've only hit the rocker guards a few times. They all happened in my favorite spot that is no longer available for wheeling unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I avoided certain areas before getting sliders...... just like I once avoided certain areas due to Dana 35 rear end and lack of sufficient under armor.
For the most part, with enough lift, we are talking about rocks, but.......
Your Jeep
Your area
Your decision :)

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
They are not just for rocks, they have protected me from more trees than rocks.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
They are just as handy for steps to reach stuff on the roof or keep you from walking in mud.

And yeah, I've hit the rock rails on my XJ on green trails before, so I'd get some. At the least, find a set from an Overland WJ and bolt them on for cheap insurance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.