Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
Things have been done!
1,391 Posts
Air Tank Rear Bumper

Little rough around the edges, but still tough!

·
Registered
169 Posts
That is a sweet bumper!!! Do you have the specs for the winch plate?

Here's my front stubby bumper.

I cut the plate out, and drilled holes in all the corners of the cut-outs. I then connected the "dots" with a zip disc on a grinder, then made it look nice with a die-grinder. Big pain in the ***, but it's worth it for the pretty holes.

I had it all tacked together for a test fit.

Ok, fits good! Took it off to weld it, and put it on the jeep again to use a bumper until I work on it again.

Made the clevis tabs out of 1" thick QT100 plate, drilled 1" holes in them and welded them on, and welded up the whole bumper. I then spent a bunch of time cleaning up all the welds and spatter.

All done now but the paint and the 4 holes for the winch mount. The top plate that the winch mounts to is 1/4", the fairlead mount and formed bottom is all 3/16". There are also 1/4" doubler plates inside, opposite to where the clevis mounts are welded on for extra assurance.

The winch plate is not removable obviously, which means you have to remove the bumper to get the winch off. This is by design so it doesn't get stolen.

--------------

Full thread is here:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=550111

·
Registered
349 Posts
Here is my bumper that i might,

In a few weeks i will have a degree in drafting and engineering graphics so i used solidworks to mock up the tire carrier and bumper and create shop drawings.

I hope to finish the tire carrier in the near future

rendered image of assembly

shop drawings

bumper finished and painted

(dont worry, the 3inch BL is coming off asap)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Im also in the process of a hood light bar/hi-lift mount...heres the light bar portion (should finish hi-lift tabs on tues

·
Registered
349 Posts
Got it done (minus paint)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trying to FAB up a center console with no previous console available

I recently bought an 88 YJ and it came with a locking center console but I have no idea how to mount it inside. Any ideas let me know. Thanks all

:drool:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Got it done (minus paint)
I see you found the outrages price of the after market light bars to be good motivation. Good on ya for that one. Maybe someone will take note and rethink their price point! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
front winch bumper fab help

id like to build my own front winch bumper and need a project for class my teach said to get blueprints. ive searched and searched cant find anything helpful. Does anyone have deminsions maybe even meterial list?

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.