Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am planning a trip out to Manastash Ridge 4W306 on August 6th and would like to hear about this trail.

I read in NWJeepn that there is a questionable section of trail that may cause some damage (a-pillar contacting a tree or rocky section requiring big tires and lift).

Have any of you wheeled this trail?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hi, I am planning a trip out to Manastash Ridge 4W306 on August 6th and would like to hear about this trail.

I read in NWJeepn that there is a questionable section of trail that may cause some damage (a-pillar contacting a tree or rocky section requiring big tires and lift).

Have any of you wheeled 306 is the ridge trail correct? We just did 307, last week. It was dry kinda like drivin over cinder blocks lol. Not really but we have some big shell rock up there.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yea for the most part. Dont try to go up kaner or exit it. If you went down the top half ad exited through milk lake you might be ok. This really ruins the point of running 306.

I did this trail last year it stops at the end of bald mt. The turn around is a little sketchy but its not too bad a stock jeep will be more stabil here. It progressively gets worse the farther down you get. I remember hill climbs but cant differentiate between 306 and other trails. I think youll be fine though. Its dry out now. I wouldnt expect any body damage as long as you know what your doing. This trail isnt used much though so youll find areas with thick brush thats about all i remember. Follow it all the way out to bald mt though its pretty cool.

307 has some hillclimbs but that is the only way to meet up with the funny rocks. Its also a good way down. It takes you through tripod flats they have a cabin set up there for snomobiles.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Tripod flats is on 307 its part of the string trail. The mid summit and cjrs exit at different points. Cjrs is just a meadow with a road through it that drops down a ridge. I would exit on the 694 trail it has a lookut of manashtash lake and its just more of a fun trail. Coming from tripod, It will take you through the moon rocks. I believe its also on the nwjeepn site. It will also exit on rd 1701 just like cjrs which you can drive back to ellensburg. If you hit the moon rocks you missed cjrs. Anyhow you should be fine 307 has shell and some hill climbs. The rest ive been through on 31 inch tires before. 306 is a different trail altogether. It is a ridge trail on top of quartz mountain area.

·
Registered
664 Posts
The ridge trail does have a small rock section, they call it the mini rubicon, there are ways around the section. If you are going up through Tripod then you will be going over 330 to 309(String trail) then to 306. You can follow the ridge trail out to Quartz or go down Shoestring or Kaner. Kaner will take you to the little naches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.