Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Accidental Obfuscator
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be new owner of a 392 this spring (just paid deposit and reserved a dealer alotted unit). Who else is a glutton for punishment buying the first run and being a beta tester???
Who has answers or questions about what little is known so far?

Reactions: Kev M

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Glutton, maybe

Not a 392, but a first run.

We took delivery of a new Defender to keep my JKU company last month.

We'd ordered it and had it built to spec a few months before.

Looking forward to hearing more about the 392 though!

·
Accidental Obfuscator
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
been a while Kev - I have browsed through a few times while missing my JKUR (sold in Feb 19) and pining over the discussions that jeeping brings in the forum... since then I have finished the vette, blown up the engine in my 57 (well actually caught it early and its just a head gasket issue from going too hard too lean), and acquired an EXCELLENT 11 acre spot building just over 4800 sq ft of shop for upholstery trim business (now taking off - at least boat and RV is - I hope to start a line of soft tops and trail covers next year). And still working the main gig...

cool deal on the defender... stylish indeed - my only hesitancy on those is same as the bronco - split IFS. Yea I know functional - but i am a solid axle guy and "too old to learn new stuff" lol

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
been a while Kev - I have browsed through a few times while missing my JKUR (sold in Feb 19) and pining over the discussions that jeeping brings in the forum... since then I have finished the vette, blown up the engine in my 57 (well actually caught it early and its just a head gasket issue from going too hard too lean), and acquired an EXCELLENT 11 acre spot building just over 4800 sq ft of shop for upholstery trim business (now taking off - at least boat and RV is - I hope to start a line of soft tops and trail covers next year). And still working the main gig...

cool deal on the defender... stylish indeed - my only hesitancy on those is same as the bronco - split IFS. Yea I know functional - but i am a solid axle guy and "too old to learn new stuff" lol
Sounds like more good than not.

The Defender replaced the wife's WK2 and my JKUS isn't going away anytime soon so no worries there.

Hang in there and I'll keep watching for 392 info!

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
525 Posts
I stopped by my local dealer; largest in the area. Sales manager says they are getting 6 of them. Dealer says they are marking up the MSRP $20,000.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you spec your 392 out or did you have to take what the dealer pool ordered? Any rough swagger when they come in? Is this the Truck motor or Durango motor? Heard there are a few differences...
i did not spec mine. they had 2 -black and sting gray. since i don't like black cars, at g gray got my deposit.

both are fully loaded with the sky roof- still not sure i really want that but they aren't charging over sticker so i'm not complaining. they gave me a written price-$79,XXX and no delivery date.

i'm assuming sometime in March

·
Premium Member
2011 Jeep JKU
11,859 Posts
Just talked w/ buddy this weekend, he is supposedly getting one here when they come in.

He had just ordered a brand new RUBICON when this news was released, called back and placed his order.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

Hoss

·
Accidental Obfuscator
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
havent been getting notices of post updates so I thought (yea I know there I go thinking again) it was quiet.

Order ability was allocated to dealers starting in late November. First round was per dealer based on previous year Rubicon customer order volume, most ordered the minimum two so production run did not pre-fill and By mid dec allocations were increased.

My dealer (Huffines north dallas) ordered his allocated two at first - so he ordered red and black without the power roof. He agreed to sell me one, I whined, so as soon as he heard his allocation was increased he let me place my order on his allotment (so YES build sheet is in my name and "built for John Bishop" is on the sticker).
Got a VIN about four weeks ago and just left paint Saturday - so its in trim by end of week. Then chassis marriage with final inspect by end of next week (unless it gets pulled for QC checks - take your time guys!). So rail shipping to TX - best guess is delivery in three to four weeks after final inspection.

There's really not much to spec on these - base is fully equipped rubicon with driver package and premium sound. Ordered in Granite with tow pack (4.11), premium half doors and power top with all options except mud terrains (I will wear the ATs out and replace with pitbulls anyway). No markup so (aproximating) 80-85K msrp (no mark down either - my guy usually gives a 2-3K break for me because he spends so little time making the deal - I already know what I want lol). there is no way to get JUST the half doors. It ships with manual crank window full doors and half doors with premium upper - or regular doors. Fortunately door storage space wont be an issue for me.

Bummer that it will not have the rock trac Transfer - BUT its all wheel with front bias (so basically front drive until slip then rear takes torque) or four wheel and there is enough torque at the wheels even with 2.92:1 low to exceed the torque of a 3.6 at 4:1. After driving my AWD V Cad in the texas ice this past week (it biases 51/49 front/rear to 49/51 when TC is active) I really believe this will be a solid setup!

I understand this is the same engine as in the Durango SRT (6.4 SRT MDS is on build sheet) a bit detuned for exhaust manifold fit...

·
Accidental Obfuscator
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay just catted with jeep - all 392 order status is going through dealer - they don't see update codes like other builds... so dealer is only source of updates.

·
Accidental Obfuscator
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is crazy- I went to Jeep dealer here in Dallas and was told I'm the first on the list with no markup. I can't wait for this thing.
which dealer?

·
Accidental Obfuscator
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
got build sheet.

Damn it. 3.72:1 axle ratio (was told 4:11 from tow pack)

Monotone Paint
Electronic Stability Control
Hill Start Assist
Low Back Bucket Seats
Reclining Front Seats
RR Head Restraints Outboard Seating
Advanced Multistage Front Air Bags
Front Seat Area Carpet
Cargo Tie Down Loops
Full Length Floor Console
Storage Tray
Tinted Windshield Glass
Front Door Tinted Glass
Full Metal Doors w/Roll-up Windows
Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System
Var Intermittent Windshield Wipers
12V Auxiliary Power Outlet
Front Passenger Seat Belt Alert
Front Dome w/On/Off Switch Lamp
CHMSL Lamp
Black Front Frame Overlay
Fixed Long Mast Antenna
Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Ctrls
Power Steering
Rear Stabilizer Bar
Full Size Spare Tire
Outside Tire Carrier
Fuel Tank Skid Plate Shield
Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield
2 Front & 1 Rear Tow Hooks
Tethered Fuel Filler Cap
English/USA Language
Protective Coating and Remover
Seat Parts Module
Instrument Panel Parts Module
Front End Parts Module
Tire & Wheel Parts Module
Build To U.S. Mkt. Specifications
U.S. Dealer Retail
Four Wheel Drive (4WD)/(4X4)
Left Hand Drive (LHD)
Vehicle Order Tracking
U.S. Specifications Label
Black
Traction Control
Electronic Roll Mitigation
Trailer Sway Damping
Hydraulic Assist Brake Booster
Driver Height Adjuster Seat
Rear Seat/Wheelhouse/Cargo Carpet
Front Seat Back Map Pockets
All Automatic Transmissions
50 State Emissions
Engine Oil Cooler
Audio Jack Input for Mobile Devices
Matching Spare Wheel
All Aluminum Wheels
Tip Start
Spring - Left Front
Spring - Left Rear
Spring - Right Front
Spring - Right Rear
Rear 60/40 Folding Seat
Dual Note Electric Horns
Rear Dome w/On/Off Switch Lamp
Torx Tool Kit
Zone 63-Dallas
Four Door
Long Wheel Base (LWB)
3.73 Rear Axle Ratio
Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows
Rear Window Defroster
Power Heated Mirrors
Remote Keyless Entry
Rear Window Wiper/Washer
Pwr Windows, Front 1-Touch Down
Vehicle Information Center
Security Alarm
Remote USB Port
United States Region Group
NAFTA Region
Body Color Fender Flares
R1234YF A/C Refrigerant
Class II Receiver Hitch
Tire Pressure Monitoring Display
Front & Rear Floor Mats
Manuf Statement of Origin
Steel Front Bumper
Steel Rear Bumper
Granite Crystal Met. Clear Coat
Granite Crystal Met. Clear Coat
Hood Insulation
Air Conditioning w/Auto Temp Control
Air Filtering
Automatic Headlamps
Sold Vehicle
Easy Order
Single Top Package
Advanced Brake Assist
Child Seat Upper Tether Anchorage
Supplemental Frt Seat Side Air Bags
Sport Bar
Rear Compartment Storage Tray
Illuminated Cupholders
120 MPH Primary Speedometer
Outside Temperature Gauge
Auxiliary 12-Volt Rear Power Outlet
Locking Glove Box
Manual 2-Way Driver Lumbar Adjust
Manual 6-Way Driver Seat
Frt Pass Seat - Manual Adjust 4-Way
Courtesy Lamps
Black Exterior Mirrors
Headlamp Off Time Delay
Ft Side Marker/Side Repeater Lamp
Black Door Handles
Media Hub (USB, Aux)
Tilt/Telescope Steering Column
Occupant Classification System
Transmission Skid Plate
Bumper Module I
Wheel Flare/DRL Parts Module
Grille Module
Door Trim Panel Module
Center Console Parts Module
Front Fascias Parts Module
Door Parts Module
Front Suspension Parts Module
Rear Suspension Parts Module
Frame Parts Module
JL/5403 Vehicle Family
Sun Visors w/Illum Vanity Mirrors
Cluster 7.0" TFT Color Display
GPS Antenna Input
Speed Sensitive Power Locks
All Radio Equipped Vehicles
Apple CarPlay
Google Android Auto
USB Host Flip
SiriusXM Satellite Radio
Integrated Center Stack Radio
Integrated Voice Command w/Bluetooth
For More Info, Call 800-643-2112
700 Amp Maintenance Free Battery
Heated Front Seats
Aux Switches
7 and 4 Pin Wiring Harness
Universal Garage Door Opener
Cold Weather Group
Heated Steering Wheel
Remote Start System
Safety Group
LED Taillamps
ParkSense Rear Park Assist System
Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
Alpine Premium Audio System
220 Amp Alternator
4 Additional Gallons of Gas
Glass Module
Active Noise Control System
Tru-Lok Front & Rear Axles
115V Auxiliary Power Outlet
BF Goodrich Brand Tires
Dana M210 Wide Front Axle
Dana M220 Wide Rear Axle
Console Bin Task Light
Ambient LED Interior Lighting
Rock Protection Sill Rails
Body Color/Accent Color Grille
Remote USB Port - Charge Only
Front Disconnecting Stabilizer Bar
Black Fuel Filler Door
Front License Plate Bracket
LED Lighting Group
Front LED Fog Lamps
Daytime Running Lamp LED Accents
Steel Bumper Group
Rear View Auto Dim Mirror
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
GPS Navigation
HD Radio
8.4" Touchscreen Display
SiriusXM Guardian, 1-Yr Trial
SiriusXM Travel Link
Emergency / Assistance Call
SiriusXM Traffic Plus
Uconnect 4C NAV with 8.4" Display
For Details, Visit DriveUconnect.com
5-Year SiriusXM Traffic Service
5-Year SiriusXM Travel Link Service
Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
Premium Door Trim Panel
Leather Wrapped Park Brake Handle
Leather Wrapped Shift Knob
#1 Seat Foam Cushion
LT285/70R17C OWL Off-Road Tires
MOPAR Hinge-Gate Reinforcement
Advanced Safety Group
Full Speed Fwd Collision Warn Plus
Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop
Three Rear Seat Head Restraints
21.5 Gallon Fuel Tank
2.72:1 Selec-Trac Full Time 4WD Sys
Removable Rear Quarter Windows
Sky One-Touch Power Top
Power Top Quarter Window Storage Bag
8.4" Radio and Premium Audio Group
4G LTE Wi-Fi Hot Spot
Driver and Passenger Assist Handles
Wrangler Decal
Off-Road Plus Mode
Trailer Tow Package
Selec-Speed (TM) Control
97 mph Vehicle Max Speed Calibration
Integrated Off-Road Camera
Sales Distribution Tracking
Allocation Tracking
Pushbutton Start
Selectable Tire Fill Alert
Auto High Beam Headlamp Control
Methanol Windshield Washer Fluid
Wizard Black Instrument Panel Bezels
8-Spd Auto 8HP75 Trans (Buy-Germany)
Non-Lock Fuel Cap w/ Discriminator
GVW Rating - 6100#
LED Premium Reflector Headlamps
SiriusXM Radio Service
MOPAR Custom Shop Module
Jeep Wave Customer Care
Media Hub-2 USBs (both Charge-Only)
Off-Road Info Pages
Dual Door Group w/ Premium Uppers
Half Doors w/ Uppers
2021 JEEP WRANGLER RUBICON UNLIMITED 392
Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Perf Brakes
392 Badge
Hood with Air Intake Scoop
Rubicon 392 Hood Decal
Bronze Trail Rated Badge
Bronze Jeep Badging
Sport Steering Wheel w/ Paddles
Rubicon 392 Suspension
17X7.5 Beadlock Capable Wheels
Steering Wheel Mounted Shift Control
Bronze Tow Hooks
Sepia Interior Accents
Price Class X
6.4L V8 SRT HEMI MDS Engine
Customer Preferred Package 2TX
Customer Preferred Package 27X

·
Accidental Obfuscator
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm guessing the 392 has enough power/torque and doesn't really need 4.11s like the V6. :wink2:
Will see.... That is their justification for using the select trac instead of roc trac... if I'm not mistaken the gear set is the same as the JKRU - I still have the the 4:11 sets I pulled out of my JK went to 5.13 - only 378 miles on em... so not too worried. It'll take a year or two to want new tires so Ill decide when I bump to the 35 Pits.

And I'm done with the Rocks anyway so crawl ratio isn't too important - last outing (Aug 18) I really hurt myself - took over a year to fully recover. So this one will probably only see spectator and light trail use at the ORV parks - not all out expedition and roughing.

I say that but.... :grin2: bottom line is - if it does a 4 wheel burnout on the 33s we good...

Reactions: cranbiz

·
Accidental Obfuscator
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I stopped by my local dealer; largest in the area. Sales manager says they are getting 6 of them. Dealer says they are marking up the MSRP $20,000.
My have mis communicated.... the 392 hitting dealers over the next few weeks are all Launch Editions (almost all manufacturers use fully equipped builds to beta test new production lines). They are all "sold vehicles" when ordered (unlike floor inventory orders). MSRP is 74,599 including delivery. They have every conceivable Rubicon option package except sky roof, half doors, tow pack and off road camera (that and choice of ATs or MTs, and add graphics). IF you contracted for one that's your price but MOST if not all are already sold on deposit. (My msrp should be 84950 to 85750 - using the package price for upgrades to Rubicon - but cant be sure until window sticker prints as some overlap and I opted for ATs and no graphics). Not sure yet how many Launch Editions will be produced. And the subtle differences between Launch and regular production - are easter eggs... (rumor is the Launch two tone body/trim colors grill will be unique).

By next month there should be a base model. That's (anticipated) 52165 msrp (basically an entry level like the other Rubicon starts with none of the added convenience, safety or entertainment upgrades) to just over 100 (equipped same as the launch with sky, dual premium, tow and cam). Once THOSE hit the dealers ALL 392 will price the same - even the "left over" Launch Editions bought by the dealer themselves (actually ALL inventory is bought by dealer - but these aren't part of floor interest so these have no effect on floor interest calculation)... priced comparable to then current MSRP (theres the 20 markup).

So basically the dealer you spoke to either already pre sold his Launch allotment (and if a deposited buyer balks he can sell it to next in line at whatever FMV buyer agrees to) or he plans to hold his until either A)someone agrees to pay the markup or B)the next production MSRP gets a price value increase (at which time dealer can load it up with MORE aftermarket stuff and really turn up the price/demand). His speculation... this is why the window sticker has a "built especially for" header - it will be ordering dealers name on most, customers name on some.

·
Accidental Obfuscator
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LMAO
Here is a screen grab of a build and sticker VON track - ummm yea no doors sport and 2.0 is how mine shows... (tracking ability of 392 is dealer only at this point)

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
525 Posts
By next month there should be a base model. That's (anticipated) 52165 msrp (basically an entry level like the other Rubicon starts with none of the added convenience, safety or entertainment upgrades) to just over 100 (equipped same as the launch with sky, dual premium, tow and cam). Once THOSE hit the dealers ALL 392 will price the same - even the "left over" Launch Editions bought by the dealer themselves (actually ALL inventory is bought by dealer - but these aren't part of floor interest so these have no effect on floor interest calculation)... priced comparable to then current MSRP (theres the 20 markup).
So, are you saying that if any of those original dealer allotments are left when the "base" model is available, their price may come down?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.