Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed grille strobes on their Wrangler? I need to install emergency grille mounted strobes onto my wrangler but am not sure where or how to mount them. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Yes, I have installed them. Not in my Wrangler, but in several others as well as many other vehicles. I need some context- What kind of strobe? What purpose? How many? How bright? Etc. Most volunteers around here are installing LED strobes which are great. Low voltage, easy to mount, pretty durable. They just arent all that bright. I prefer some Tomar or Whelen xenon strobes with flashpacks for emergency vehicles. MUCH brighter. Also much more expensive. Both can be mounted by back-drilling into the existing light housings.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I have (2) Hornet H4 LED Strobes that I need to install. I have one green one and one white. I work with the Department of Public Safety. I want to mount them in the grille but am not sure how to mount them.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
1. Easy: I would probably use a piece of 1/8 inch aluminum and make a bracket or brackets for them. Id mount that to the grill with the strobes hung over into the gaps. 2. Not as easy: Id make a template of the lense and mark my grill slats. Drill the corners. Dremel, die grind, and/or saw the rest of the hole. Drill two matching mounting holes. Space the strobes from the rear so that the lenses are flush. Much cooler.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have to mount these longways. They are long and skinny (5"x1 1/2"). They will fit right between the grille slots perfectly but there's nowhere to attach an L-bracket. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Longways = horizontal? If they'll fit between the grill slats, then cut a piece of 1/8" aluminum on which to mount them about 1 1/2" long. Drill through the grill slats and mount the bracket to two. Two stainless screws through each will make the assembly strong. Not my preferred method but cheap, easy, and durable. I would still probably inset the strobes in the slats, fenders, flares, or bumper. Then I'd back drill the light assemblies to take the o-ring mount clear strobes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.