Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Anyone from Huntsville, AL???

204523 Views 3376 Replies 94 Participants Last post by  jeepsarecool
Just as the title askes, anyone nearby with some offroad spots? I have one down the parkway under the overpass at the TN River!
3341 - 3360 of 3377 Posts

· Registered
361 Posts
I have a wrangler 4.0 long block that needs a rebuild if you need it. It doesn't have any intake or exhaust parts. I was gonna use it for the head, but may get rid of the whole thing out of garage.

· Registered
478 Posts
Boo. I'm beginning to think I stumbled upon unicorn door panels when I got my manual window panels. I wish they weren't in such garbage condition.
Late models are just hard to find in general. and when you do, they have already been picked over pretty well. I always keep an eye out for them, there is always something someone needs off them.

· Registered
633 Posts
Late models are just hard to find in general. and when you do, they have already been picked over pretty well. I always keep an eye out for them, there is always something someone needs off them.
Yep. What can I say, they are darn good jeeps. If you every happen to stumble across one with a decent interior, call/text me immediately haha.

· Registered
361 Posts
dana 44s won't hold that power! That would be badass though

· Registered
4,391 Posts

· Registered
633 Posts
Don't know if any of you guys are friends with Jack (Bamajeepman21) on Facebook, but it turns out he passed away last weekend. Don't really know all the ins and outs, but just figured I would make a post letting you guys know.

http://obits.al.com/obituaries/hunt...=jackson-tyler-tucker&pid=177983207&fhid=5535
Dang man. he was trying to sell his jeep recently. This is the second kid I've known to die. Back when I was in auburn, one of the toyota guys I knew was murdered during a robbery in the middle of the night.

· Registered
361 Posts
what kind of noise is it making? does it change with speed? Mine has a slight whine to it too, but I am leaning to the brakes indicator.

· Registered
633 Posts
A whirring noise like a washing machine or a whirring like it gains in pitch and volume as you increase speed?
i wish I could elaborate but between mud tires, exhaust, and my light bar, I generate a lot of noise at higher speed. I'm really thinking its an axle bearing or pinion bearing. I never got around to pulling apart the front diff.

· Registered
361 Posts
A whirring noise like a washing machine or a whirring like it gains in pitch and volume as you increase speed?
I have a front end noise that doesn't really change pitch as I speed up, but does go away at speeds below 10-15 mph. Makes me think my issue is brakes.......especially considering I have never changed them in 4 years, and pretty sure they have been on there for quite a while.

· Registered
478 Posts
Finally got the lift on the Comanche. Front is a 5.5" RE spring with drop brackets and RE track bar (3 link and a narrowed HP44 are in the works). Rear is stock leafs SOA on an 8.8 with 4.88 gears and a Detroit locker (goodbye turning radius)
I need to put a 1in spacer in the front to help level it out and hook the front sway bar back up.

Side note, anyone have some 35s they want to sell cheap? Preferably for a 15in wheel or with wheels, 5 on 4.5 lug pattern. Looking sub $500.

Attachments

3341 - 3360 of 3377 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.