Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have this issue? I wouldn't be surprised if it's just my luck and no one else has this issue. I tend to have bad luck. This was the first time I dropped 51k on a truck. Paid in full, cash, you know the Dave Ramsey way. I get my truck home and I love it. 800 miles later my check engine light turns on.
This was actually the second light to turn on. The first was gas cap. That was odd because the cap was on and screwed on fully. Now this. What the heck, Jeep?

Attachments

· Registered
11,939 Posts
Is it me, but that message seems rather Orwellian. It could at least give the damn code. Before it calls the Traffic warden on you....

Complicated systems tend to be troublesome by nature. The more its complexity and parts the more that can fail. Murphy is a friend of mine as well. Im ok with that but what worries me is FUBAR tends to follow old Murphy.

Dealer gets to see if he can fix it since its new, has a warranty is good thing today, they do need it. Your hope is that if it needs a part to repair it. Its in stock. I been reading of people that have this issue and a new vehicle is a brick until they get that part.

Dave Ramsey would have said not to but that unless you are a millionaire. Though today that can mean you owned home for sometime and inflation made you that. But that taxs will leave you homeless.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave doesn't oppose you buying an expensive car. He just wants you to be able to afford it. He is against taking out car loans and giving free money to big banks. I bought this out right and I am a CPT with 21 years in the Army and I'm debt free so I think I can afford it.
But that's neither here nor there.

· Registered
11,939 Posts
banks are more dangerous than standing armies.
Thomas Jefferson.

i agree i bought this heep in 2011 but it was a 2012 ordered and cash as well. just under 20k miles needed a new head other issues. But i dont own a jeep for a DD never have except when i was young. I have a truck but its a 2x4 and now 26 years old and bit over 200k on it and its been pulling stuff most its life and can tow 10k well. Its simple enough and hard to kill. should do anther 200k if i live long enough. Im betting on the truck.

The JKR well only cause it is my present jeep and i have had Cjs. They jk gets a pass from it getting 86ed in 2013 when the trouble began. The plan is to kill it before i die now, it tried to kill me once i owe it one. ;). But the jeep is like a 90% off road, jeep rides a trailer.

hope they fix for you well

happy trails to you.

6,041 Posts
Have you got a code reader to find out exactly what's the problem?

It does have a warranty, so it's the dealers problem to fix. I haven't seen that issue before and I have a very close friend with a Rubi Gladiator. Other than the radio (which finally has been fixed on his) that appears to be a common Fiat issue across the JL/JT lines, his has been rock solid.

· Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, I took it to orileys cylinder misfire. Bad coil or plugs. I'm gonna let jeep fix it. It's under warranty.
Make sure you keep your documents and stay in front of your state's lemon law policy. 3 times the same problem in Florida and you file the paperwork. It's a simple process. You should get every time you put into it back starting at the date you first brought it in to get that issue fixed. Good Luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.