Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Removed these rims off of my 1979 CJ5. I think they are aftermarket (maybe American Racing). Not planning to reuse them. Worth anything (like how much if selling)? Wouldn't know what to ask on FB or CL. Maybe best to sell to a metal yard for scrap steel. Any thoughts anybody?
Wood Wall Trunk Tints and shades Concrete
Wheel Automotive tire Tire Synthetic rubber Hubcap
Automotive tire Wheel Manhole cover Hubcap Manhole

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Easily $50-75 each, and lots of people looking for them.

Do you have the full set, as you indicated in your initial post?

Pic of all 4 would be nice.

Edit-
Maybe trade them for something else you are looking for?

·
Premium Member
10,852 Posts
IDK about them being worth THAT much, but they definitely have worth, and are worth more than scrap.

If they were mine, I'd be happy to get $100 for 4 to $150 for 5.

Hoss

·
Registered
45 Posts
New aftermarket they are going for about 90 to 130 apiece depending on which site you go to I would think 25 to 65 would be a fair price depending on condition. I have been looking at that exact same wheel because mine are in a little worse shape than that and I only have 4 and would like to get a spare or two.
Where are you located John

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Now if they were the 1979 OEM 15x8 white wagon wheels in that shape, they would bring top dollar.
OEM CJ wheels, especially the 15x8, are in demand.
The wheels shown are aftermarket, but still have value in their nice condition.
I think Hoss is in the ballpark on price.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Id be interested in one as well. I too have these after market rims but the spare has the original and I want them to match. Mine were made by Superior Wheel

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Quadratec sells that Cragar aftermarket wheel for $69.99. If anyone has any doubts, those are not OEM. Also unless you drill for it, Jeep center caps can not be used.

JS

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes. They are definitely after market.

Cragar "Nomad"
ProComp also makes a version "series 82". $76 on amazon.
They have value but new ones can be had in that $70 range.

I'm just looking for a good deal on one to match the ones I have.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
No doubt they are after market, and to buy them new they are cheap enough, but he has a clean used set of 5 looking right up at you.

All you need to do is pay the man and load 'em up.

To me that is worth something, where I would snatch them up @ $200 for the 5 of them, and smile as I drive home!

A bird in the hand I say :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My apologies to everyone. Been a busy work week and had a lot on the "to do" this for the long weekend. Plus, didn't get any email notices that there was this much activity on my thread.

Anyway, I do have 5 of them. 1 of them is a little on the rusty side. When I purchased the CJ, that tire was totally deflated and water had gotten in between the tire and rim, which rusted the inside.

I'll take some pics of all 5 of them tomorrow and get them uploaded. Thanks for all the replies so far.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll let the set of 5 go for $100. I really would like to sell all 5 at one time. If I start parting them out, I'll probably end up with 1 or 2. I'm near Charlotte NC. The condition of them varies from really good to not so good. :) Pics are attached. If interested, please send me a PM.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire White Light

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Hubcap

Tire Wheel Plant Light Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
23,839 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts