Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find an affordable soft top replacement, other than Bestop, that fits the existing Bestop hardware. Does anyone know of such a creature? This is a temporary fix until I am able to afford a hardtop.

·
Typical /f12 Hooligan
7,026 Posts
Rampage sells factory style hardware to fit their tops, they're cheap FWIW.
100% agree, but the hardware is an additional cost IIRC. My daughter has the Rampage soft top and we got the hardware kit along with it. I pretty sure the whole thing was close to $800 more than 4 years ago now,,

·
Registered
19,032 Posts
Yeah, they do charge extra for the hardware, supposedly their tops fit factory hardware.

I couldn't get Bestop to sell me just the skin for a top, so I threw the entire thing away, the top was cracking but the rest was fine. I figure if they're gonna charge me for it, I'm putting it on.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Is it a Bestop Supertop or Sunrider, or is it a standard Bestop Replace-A-Top?

If it's a standard top then any factory-replacement soft top will fit. If it's a Sunrider or a Supertop you will have to get new hardware or go with a frameless Rampage (best option IMO).

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
What @Awesome said to a t. My original top clearly said Bestop on it but it was on a factory frame and a factory top. The factory tops were made by Bestop. Which Bestop do you have? If you are unsure, post up some pics of your frame and top. If you have a factory frame, there should be several alternatives to replace it last time I checked.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it a Bestop Supertop or Sunrider, or is it a standard Bestop Replace-A-Top?

If it's a standard top then any factory-replacement soft top will fit. If it's a Sunrider or a Supertop you will have to get new hardware or go with a frameless Rampage (best option IMO).
Supertop. I've looked at the Rampage frameless because of it's cost.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
If you have a Supertop then you have Supertop hardware and your only two options are to replace the hardware or get a Supertop.

Since you don't want a Bestop, you will have to either buy factory-replacement hardware or go frameless. I really like the Rampage top personally. I've had mine for at least 6 years... longer probably.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
100% agree, but the hardware is an additional cost IIRC. My daughter has the Rampage soft top and we got the hardware kit along with it. I pretty sure the whole thing was close to $800 more than 4 years ago now,,
They were in stock just a few days ago. Apparently no frame is needed. This is actually the one I have been thinking about until I can afford $3K for a hardtop.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts