Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Any Soft tops that fit Bestop frame

383 11
I'm trying to find an affordable soft top replacement, other than Bestop, that fits the existing Bestop hardware. Does anyone know of such a creature? This is a temporary fix until I am able to afford a hardtop.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Typical /f12 Hooligan
7,026 Posts
Rampage sells factory style hardware to fit their tops, they're cheap FWIW.
100% agree, but the hardware is an additional cost IIRC. My daughter has the Rampage soft top and we got the hardware kit along with it. I pretty sure the whole thing was close to $800 more than 4 years ago now,,

·
Registered
19,032 Posts
Yeah, they do charge extra for the hardware, supposedly their tops fit factory hardware.

I couldn't get Bestop to sell me just the skin for a top, so I threw the entire thing away, the top was cracking but the rest was fine. I figure if they're gonna charge me for it, I'm putting it on.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Is it a Bestop Supertop or Sunrider, or is it a standard Bestop Replace-A-Top?

If it's a standard top then any factory-replacement soft top will fit. If it's a Sunrider or a Supertop you will have to get new hardware or go with a frameless Rampage (best option IMO).

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
What @Awesome said to a t. My original top clearly said Bestop on it but it was on a factory frame and a factory top. The factory tops were made by Bestop. Which Bestop do you have? If you are unsure, post up some pics of your frame and top. If you have a factory frame, there should be several alternatives to replace it last time I checked.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it a Bestop Supertop or Sunrider, or is it a standard Bestop Replace-A-Top?

If it's a standard top then any factory-replacement soft top will fit. If it's a Sunrider or a Supertop you will have to get new hardware or go with a frameless Rampage (best option IMO).
Supertop. I've looked at the Rampage frameless because of it's cost.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
If you have a Supertop then you have Supertop hardware and your only two options are to replace the hardware or get a Supertop.

Since you don't want a Bestop, you will have to either buy factory-replacement hardware or go frameless. I really like the Rampage top personally. I've had mine for at least 6 years... longer probably.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
100% agree, but the hardware is an additional cost IIRC. My daughter has the Rampage soft top and we got the hardware kit along with it. I pretty sure the whole thing was close to $800 more than 4 years ago now,,
They were in stock just a few days ago. Apparently no frame is needed. This is actually the one I have been thinking about until I can afford $3K for a hardtop.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts