Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm a Real Madrid fan....(it's only the best soccer club in the world...well it was in the XX century...nowadays the best is the Barcelona and the Spanish team)

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
755 Posts
i love watching and playing the game. i don't have a team, just like to watch. my 2 girls played for a few seasons.

Sports uniform Sports jersey Jersey Gesture Soccer

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like both watching and participating in the game. I don't have a team and prefer to watch instead. My two daughters each played for a few seasons. I'm also looking for soccer-related information. Do you have any ideas>?

·
Registered
9,960 Posts
Not a rabid fan but a big one and like to watch a match from time to time.

Started getting involved watching my daughter. Then got roped into coaching my son. Wound up coaching my son's select boy's team while the daughter went on to make a state Premier team. Watched/coached virtually every one of their matches over the next 10 years. The boy went on to other things but the girl scored a full ride D1 scholarship. Managed to catch a couple of her games (out of town school).

Only real time I got involved in pro soccer was on my first Afghanistan deployment. Down range on a tiny COP (literally 5 Americans) on the confluence of the Pech and Conar rivers. A truck showed up at the gate and 4 hours later a huge dish was set up on the MWR building. As God is my witness, the BEST satellite TV I have ever experienced (at that time). One of the best perks was the Real Madrid channel. Played current and old matches as well as interviews. Became a huge Ruud van Nistelrooy fan. That channel was my main diversion when we weren't running missions.

I still enjoy catching a match on TV, usually with my daughter, who is a Chelsea fan.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts