Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Big love here! They’re definitely uncommon in Canada. Some guys roll their eyes, but if you use your Jeep just for its utility and maybe pulling a trailer, 2wd is all you need. They’re quicker too (especially V8), plus 2wds are always mint lol

if nothing else, having 2wd or Select Trac is good for warming up tires lol
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
View attachment 4133347 Ultimately
i would love to get one of these 2wd Mexican ramchargers 360 no emissions!
Same here! I would love one. I tried to bring one up about 10 years ago, but there was too much red tape. I couldn't import it (at least not without getting very creative) because they weren’t admissible. Many vehicles don’t meet our emissions and safety standard requirements (they actually do, but the govt would have to take the time to look at independent testing etc…which wouldn’t happen lol)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Same here! I would love one. I tried to bring one up about 10 years ago, but there was too much red tape. I couldn't import it (at least not without getting very creative) because they weren’t admissible. Many vehicles don’t meet our emissions and safety standard requirements (they actually do, but the govt would have to take the time to look at independent testing etc…which wouldn’t happen lol)
They are old enough now ionly issue i had was the insurance co couldn't verify if they could insure it.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
They are old enough now ionly issue i had was the insurance co couldn't verify if they could insure it.
You’d need specialty car insurance. The same place all those rhd jdm guys go

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
saying they look like an 01-07 Caravan is a bit of a stretch. Entirely different shaped lights, 01+ Caravans dont have a pull handle .

If you know your Mopars, you’ll know what the Durango’s look like in the back (and if you know Durangos, you’ll knew THEY were the first ones that originally looked like 96-00 Caravans lol)

So it was a bit of a joke, because Mopar guys know they’re all the same lol. So you’re not wrong, but you have the wrong generation of Caravan in your comparison lol.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car
Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
The hatch on the Durango glass is more flat then the caravan, the early caravans had that sane handle, also where the license plate mounts? Also the caravan looks like it has a bigger hatch. Also compare the ram charger and the caravan bumper see that flat spot where the ram charger is chrome and the caravan is painted? How about that curved stripe that goes around the back of the caravan and not the Durango but it's on the ram charger.

Again I do not see a Durango rear end it 100% is a grand caravan lol.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
The hatch on the Durango glass is more flat then the caravan, the early caravans had that sane handle, also where the license plate mounts? Also the caravan looks like it has a bigger hatch. Also compare the ram charger and the caravan bumper see that flat spot where the ram charger is chrome and the caravan is painted? How about that curved stripe that goes around the back of the caravan and not the Durango but it's on the ram charger.

Again I do not see a Durango rear end it 100% is a grand caravan lol.
I started working with Chrysler back then, trust me…you do see a Caravan, just not a 2001+ Caravan like you pictured. You see a 96-00 (the hatch is literally the same).

For what it’s worth, Durangos have Caravan tail lights (many know they’re interchangeable). That’s why I joked, saying it was more Durango lol. It’s like saying a hash browns are related to french fries, and not potato wedges…they’re all kinda the same lol. It went over your head, no worries. Comedy isn’t my strong suite today.

Car Automotive parking light Automotive side-view mirror Tire Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Love those first 5.9 Durango's. I was assigned to design the exhaust system for it, that was fun! Very tight confines and it had to be 2.5" being a 5.9L. Used the same cat converter housing as a Viper, the only one I could package in front of the torsion bar crossmember.

Reactions: JonMopar
1 - 18 of 18 Posts