Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Poland and PPV!!!!
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since everyone else is sharing their Jeep problems, maybe we can solve mine. When I turn my steering wheel, mainly to the left, my Jeep nearly stalls. This mostly happen after I have just started the Jeep, such as backing out of parking spaces. I even let it idle for a few seconds before backing out. It did happen yesterday when I was parallel parking, after a bit of a drive too. I'm not sure what the problem is, and it has never completely stalled, but it's gotten damn close. Now that I think about it, it seems to only do this while backing up and turning left.

Any suggestions. :brickwall :brickwall

·
Poland and PPV!!!!
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
j-man said:
its 100 degrees out right now lol... so i think im gonna check the fluid, add some if necessary, and see what that does, but ill save the ohm meter/pressure switch check for a cooler day. i dont know how bad telly's is but mine isnt that bad, but im gonna check the fluid today just to be sure.

thanks
I feel ya on the heat. Heat index, 105*. Spent two hours in the junk yard this morning. Had a list of things planned to do on the Jeep. Was able to convince myself to go back outside and work on the Jeep for about 2 hours, now I'm back inside.

Mine isn't that bad, and it's only had a hard left, at idle speed. I'm in the same boat as you and will wait until it is cooler outside. Just thought I'd see if it was an easy fix. I spent enough money today on this friggin Jeep that I will wait on the PS pump issue.

Now that I think about it, my steering is a bit loose. The wheel freely floats right(not affecting the wheels) while driving at low speed. Could this be another symptom?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts