Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

All Terrain Tires

310805 Views 432 Replies 238 Participants Last post by  XXXJaded
Here are some popular All Terrian tires. Most taken from Tirerack. Agian, if anyone has any corrections, prove it to me and I'll make the adjustment. Also if anyone has any feedback, just PM me. I'll be adding some 16s on all these too, just gimme some time to get these up. :wave:

Attachments

401 - 420 of 433 Posts

· Registered
2,406 Posts
The guy at commercial tire is just trying to get his hands in your wallet. Everybody's going to say something different about the rim size. I personally stick with 15's cuz the tires are cheaper. Converting would only be a matter of buying some different rims and then buying the tires that fit.
x2

There are lots of there are lots of 17" ATs.

Find a new tire shop.

Commercial Tire might not have them but everyone else does.

· Registered
97 Posts
Changing it up a bit, I put these on a couple of weeks ago and took a trip to my hunting camp. They rode great on the highway and performed very well on the trails. Very happy with them so far.

· Registered
118 Posts
BFG AT KO2 AT. I just purchased a set of the BFG AT KO2 and I noticed the new design leaves the edge of the RIM very exposed. I didn't notice this until they were already mounted. I think this will cause issues for me. Lots of Rocks in AZ that will destroy your rim and your day out wheeling when you get a flat. This is an email to BFG. I would think they would not take 2 steps forward and 1 step back w/ the new BFG AT KO2.

"Hello , I just purchased a set of 4- 31x10.5x15R BFG All Terrain KO2 Tires.
From the reviews I've read, they are excellent tires and they look very aggressive.
The problem is that I noticed they no longer have the thick piece of rubber that protects the Rim. Even worse, the new KO2 actually leaves the lip of rim hanging out pretty far where as the original KO does not expose the rim at all. The original KO has a very thick rubber layer that makes it virtually impossible to ruin the lip of the rim. Any insight as to why this was designed this way? The new KO2 is great in every way except this huge downgrade to protecting the rim."

· Registered
11,201 Posts
BFG AT KO2 AT. I just purchased a set of the BFG AT KO2 and I noticed the new design leaves the edge of the RIM very exposed. I didn't notice this until they were already mounted. I think this will cause issues for me. Lots of Rocks in AZ that will destroy your rim and your day out wheeling when you get a flat. This is an email to BFG. I would think they would not take 2 steps forward and 1 step back w/ the new BFG AT KO2.

"Hello , I just purchased a set of 4- 31x10.5x15R BFG All Terrain KO2 Tires.
From the reviews I've read, they are excellent tires and they look very aggressive.
The problem is that I noticed they no longer have the thick piece of rubber that protects the Rim. Even worse, the new KO2 actually leaves the lip of rim hanging out pretty far where as the original KO does not expose the rim at all. The original KO has a very thick rubber layer that makes it virtually impossible to ruin the lip of the rim. Any insight as to why this was designed this way? The new KO2 is great in every way except this huge downgrade to protecting the rim."
I'm with ya 100%! I've been a BFG/AT KO guy for years. But I saw the KO2 had no bead rim protector and was very disappointed, to the extent that I doubt the KO2 will be my next set of tires unless they can change that.

· Registered
11,201 Posts
I actually did get KO2's and bumped up from 31's to 32's. Got them back in February, so I got a chance to test them out in the snow and ice as well as the torture of hot pavement through the summer. They've performed very well and after 2500 miles still have most of the raised 1/32 marking.

· Registered
3,744 Posts
I, too, am disappointed at the lack of a bead protection flange on the KO2, and the lack of raised white letters on certain sizes which was always a BFG hallmark.

· Registered
5 Posts
Help

I have a 2016 4 door rubicon hard rock edition and have put a 3" lift on it. I found some fuel wheels that's are 20" and 12.5. Would these wheels work for the Jeep and how big of a tire can I go with without rubbing and issues. Any recommendations for brand and style. It is a daily driver and little minor off roading

· Registered
11,201 Posts
I have a 2016 4 door rubicon hard rock edition and have put a 3" lift on it. I found some fuel wheels that's are 20" and 12.5. Would these wheels work for the Jeep and how big of a tire can I go with without rubbing and issues. Any recommendations for brand and style. It is a daily driver and little minor off roading
If you're going with 20"s you should probably ask the mall crawlers.

· Registered
3 Posts
Bought my first Jeep last February and it had 235/75/15 Falken Wildpeak At3's on it, wasn't long before we had a good snow, 14" and I was really impressed with the Falks, they cut through untouched snow really well and they look great doing it.

· Super Moderator
2021 Gladiator
27,451 Posts
401 - 420 of 433 Posts