Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought we could use a post to share specs after a lift. I just installed a metalcloak 3.5 game changer with 37s and upgraded driveshaft.

I'm assuming the pinion angle will change to pointed at tcase since it's a double Carden but I have no clue what stock calls for to tell the alignment shop what to put it at.

Castor... I've seen 5-6 degrees mentioned mostly but I like 7. I'm uses to old school CJs though so what's everyone at there?

That said I understand castor and pinion angle are tied together. If 7 degrees castor is too much then it's too much and pinion angle will stay where it's at.

Lastly I'm thinking of offsetting the axle 3/4 an inch, back in the front and forward in the rear from centered. To compensate for the fact that when fully stuffed the tire will move forward in the front and rearward in the rear compared to ride height. What's y'alls thoughts on that?

Sent from my SM-A015A using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
People I took it to completely muffed it up. Going back to a recommended person to fix it on Wed.

Went in set to metalcloaks recommendations on arm lengths but I did adjust trackbars to center axles as MCs numbers are shorter than stock and need to be longer.

Told them canter axles up and hit 6 degrees castor. Factory calls for 4.6, it went in at 6.00D, 6.75P so it was close.

5 hrs and over $300 later it came out with 6.4D, 7.05P and the front end twisted about and not centered.

Sent from my SM-A015A using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.