Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
I'm sure you guys could re-elect George Wallace again. I mean, after all, he found a loophole once by running Lurleen in his stead, so I'm sure he could find a loophole and run after death, right, right??? ;)

I have studied Wallace a great deal, and people though he was a nut, too. But he sure was re-elected a lot for being such a nut.

You may claim nutjob now, but who knows, he could be the next George C. Wallace. (and don't you guys have a college named after that "nutjob"

I don't know much about Moore, but I love how people will badmouth and condemn a man because he sticks to his morals. There are a lot worse things I could be known and condemned for than sticking to my morals.
 

·
BRAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!!!
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
SunnyHillsrider said:
I don't know much about Moore, but I love how people will badmouth and condemn a man because he sticks to his morals. There are a lot worse things I could be known and condemned for than sticking to my morals.
If you don't know much about the man how did you decide that people are badmouthing him just because he sticks to his morals? I think I've given several reasons why the man is unfit for office.

And you think George Wallace was something? Hell, we elected Fob James twice.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
783 Posts
Alabama's a State? When did this happen. I thought they seceded, and never really joined back up. This is the impression I get from the various actions from your other illustrious leaders(like Wallace). Too look at them today, it's a wonder we ever fought the civil war to begin with. Letting the south secede would have been like letting that neighbor on on otherwise nice street build a wall so you don't have to look at his house that's mobile and his 5 cars that aren't. It would have been better to let him live in his own delusional sty, and then we don't have to deal with him anymore.

Just picture it:
Slavery still legal
The KKK as the Police Department, making more business for the Fire Department..
Don't need a constitution, the Bible's already been written.
Stars and Bars are the official front license plate for every state in the CSA.
English would be the official language, despite the fact that nobody actually speaks REAL English.
Strom Thurmond as President, David Duke as Vice, Pat Buchanan as the Secretary of Discrimination.

Oh happy days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
AudioGuru said:
Alabama's a State? When did this happen. I thought they seceded, and never really joined back up. This is the impression I get from the various actions from your other illustrious leaders(like Wallace). Too look at them today, it's a wonder we ever fought the civil war to begin with. Letting the south secede would have been like letting that neighbor on on otherwise nice street build a wall so you don't have to look at his house that's mobile and his 5 cars that aren't. It would have been better to let him live in his own delusional sty, and then we don't have to deal with him anymore.

Just picture it:
Slavery still legal
The KKK as the Police Department, making more business for the Fire Department..
Don't need a constitution, the Bible's already been written.
Stars and Bars are the official front license plate for every state in the CSA.
English would be the official language, despite the fact that nobody actually speaks REAL English.
Strom Thurmond as President, David Duke as Vice, Pat Buchanan as the Secretary of Discrimination.

Oh happy days.
Do you even know why the Civil War was fought?

shhh, I'll give you a hint, it had very little to do with slavery :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
War Eagle said:
Not only will gay marriage be unconstitutional, but gays will be actively sought out and arrested for breaking God's Law. Slavery will most likely be brought back with a new name, something like "Alabama Plan for Full Minority Employment."

I'm serious here. Roy Moore is a total fruit loop.
you sound like a fruit loop to me :p ... you are way over reacting if you think slavery will be brought back

and i believe gay marriage is unconstitutional.

(I live in Alabama and I am a Christian) :D and very proud of it

SunnyHillsrider - you are right about the civil war
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Negative6 said:
you sound like a fruit loop to me :p ... you are way over reacting if you think slavery will be brought back

and i believe gay marriage is unconstitutional.

(I live in Alabama and I am a Christian) :D and very proud of it

SunnyHillsrider - you are right about the civil war
Thanks - I appreciate it. I am Christian, live in lower Alabama (Panama City Florida) and I'm proud of it.

Although I don't know much about Moore, the reason I'm jumping in this debate is because it seems that people are 'blindly hating' Moore due to the fact that he's a die-hard Christian. His morals are the problems that people have with him. There is nothing wrong with pushing an agenda of anti-homosexual, (not homophobic, cuz there's a difference), and Christian morals. The voters in the end will decide. If the majority of the state supports him, he'll win, if not, he'll lose. And if he wins, you gotta except the fact that the majority has spoken and that your views are the minority views.

Someone else said that Christians were the closeminded ones believing Christianity is the only way. To me, it is. I don't have to be openminded on certain issues if I know in my heart I'm right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,283 Posts
SunnyHillsrider said:
Do you even know why the Civil War was fought?

shhh, I'll give you a hint, it had very little to do with slavery :thumbsup:
On Jan. 1, 1863, U.S. President Abraham Lincoln declared free all slaves residing in territory in rebellion against the federal government. This Emancipation Proclamation actually freed few people. It did not apply to slaves in border states fighting on the Union side; nor did it affect slaves in southern areas already under Union control. Naturally, the states in rebellion did not act on Lincoln's order.

Basically, I think Lincoln was just trying to stir the pot of the states in rebellion otherwise he would have already freed the slaves in the Union.....
Wasn't Lincoln a believer in white supremacy?????

War Eagle, I highly doubt this Moore guy is going to have the 13TH Amendment overturned.. :rofl:

Anyway back to your regular scheduled program....................
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
783 Posts
SunnyHillsrider said:
Do you even know why the Civil War was fought?

shhh, I'll give you a hint, it had very little to do with slavery :thumbsup:
Right. The slaves were not declared free until 1863 via the Emancipation Proclamation, a document that Alabama didn't recognize until 2002. Lincoln entered the war with the intention of not freeing the slaves, but did so after he realized that that would be the best course of action.

He initially accused the CSA of having weapons of mass destruction, that's why the North invaded the south, starting the war. After he realized that the South had no Nukes or bioologicals, he quickly did an about face, and made it a war about freedom, freeing the slaves from Saddam Hussein.

Then Lincoln ridiculed anybody that pointed out that nuclear weapons would not be invented until the 1940's, and called them unpatriotic and soldier-haters.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
AudioGuru said:
Right. The slaves were not declared free until 1863 via the Emancipation Proclamation, a document that Alabama didn't recognize until 2002. Lincoln entered the war with the intention of not freeing the slaves, but did so after he realized that that would be the best course of action.

He initially accused the CSA of having weapons of mass destruction, that's why the North invaded the south, starting the war. After he realized that the South had no Nukes or bioologicals, he quickly did an about face, and made it a war about freedom, freeing the slaves from Saddam Hussein.

Then Lincoln ridiculed anybody that pointed out that nuclear weapons would not be invented until the 1940's, and called them unpatriotic and soldier-haters.
:rolleyes: well, that's one way to look at it :rolleyes:

I guess intelligent debate is done with you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,233 Posts
The Civil War had very little to do with slavery if you're from the south. To suth-na's, it was all about industry vs. farming. And that was what LED UP to the war for just about everybody...but it turns out you couldn't have a successful plantation without slaves, and that quickly became the centerpiece.

Most folks who aren't from the south just take the easy route (since they don't have to explain themselves) and skip the middle man, claiming that the war was about slavery from the get-go. It turns out this is true too, for a large portion of the Union population at least. And since they won, the war can pretty much have been about anything they say it was about. :laugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
644 Posts
AudioGuru said:
Right. The slaves were not declared free until 1863 via the Emancipation Proclamation, a document that Alabama didn't recognize until 2002. Lincoln entered the war with the intention of not freeing the slaves, but did so after he realized that that would be the best course of action.

He initially accused the CSA of having weapons of mass destruction, that's why the North invaded the south, starting the war. After he realized that the South had no Nukes or bioologicals, he quickly did an about face, and made it a war about freedom, freeing the slaves from Saddam Hussein.

Then Lincoln ridiculed anybody that pointed out that nuclear weapons would not be invented until the 1940's, and called them unpatriotic and soldier-haters.
I take it it's safe to assume you didn't vote for Lincoln in 2004 :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
213 Posts
I thought the Zombies were loose in alabama. Almost ruined my vacation to florida. :rofl: :rofl:
 

·
BRAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!!!
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I'm not hating the man because he's a Christian. If he wants to espouse Christian beliefs that's fine with me. Put prayer back in the schools? Fine with me. But this guy is disturbed. As a judge, his job was to uphold and interpret the laws of the United States and the State of Alabama. He didn't do this. If any law went against him he ignored it. If the State opposed him he used his position to bend the state to his will. If you want to be an activist and ignore laws you don't agree with, fine. As a judge, ignoring the law isn't an option. I'm tired of poeple saying "you only hate him because he's a Christian." That's wholly untrue. Nothing in my argument can be boiled down to "He believes in God so I don't like him."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,233 Posts
I believe in God. And I like me....

I think we're on the same page here. :wave:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
577 Posts
Brock said:
Roy Moore will do a feeler campaign, find out he does not have the support and then not run for governor. He got a lot of coverage by media for his stunt, but not a lot of support from the populous.
Its a mute point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Brock said:
Its a mute point.
I didn't catch that, I couldn't hear any point at all... Oh, you mean a MOOT point...
;)
:rofl:
 
21 - 40 of 60 Posts
Top