Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on here swapped out their factory fog lights on their 2004 WJ to aftermarket ones?

My factory fog lights are clouded and yellowed and I thought it'd be nice to swap them out with aftermarket LED ones with black housings to match my headlights.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

I see aftermarket fog lights for pre-2004 WJs with the oval-shaped fog lights, but not anything for an 04.

I know some people just put light pods inside, but I'd prefer something that looks more "stock".

I'm wondering if I could retrofit JK fog lights into my bumper. There's tons of 4" Wrangler options out there. The mounting is different though, so it might take some work to get them installed cleanly.

I like these...

Light Product Font Electronic instrument Automotive lighting

Just curious if anyone has done it before, and could share how they did it.

Maybe the better option is for me to get OEM replacements, put a darkish tint over the lens, and putting some nice bright LED bulbs inside. That way I can somewhat get the look I'm going for, but not worry about trying to retrofit.

If I don't get any responses, I may pick some up regardless and turn this into a thread showing how I installed mine (if I'm successful).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you cover the postage you can have my OEM fogs. If interested I can post picture of the lights.
That would be an idea. Are they still relatively clean?

I also was playing around the idea of creating something to match the running style lights of my headlights and doing the same with my fogs. But it'd probably limit the light output so much it'd only serve aesthetic purposes.

Something like this... (combination of black electrical tape and photoshop!)
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle

Thoughts? Too ricer lol?

·
Registered
8 Posts
A couple minutes with Blue Magic headlight restorer will fix your clouded fog light lenses and make them look like new. It then should be simple to just replace the bulbs. The stuff does an amazing job without tools or a lot of effort.

·
Registered
182 Posts
That would be an idea. Are they still relatively clean?

I also was playing around the idea of creating something to match the running style lights of my headlights and doing the same with my fogs. But it'd probably limit the light output so much it'd only serve aesthetic purposes.

Something like this... (combination of black electrical tape and photoshop!)
View attachment 4160133

Thoughts? Too ricer lol?
They have HALO style pod lights.

I changed my ditch lights to something like this to match my head lights.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Oh, I like those! You have any photos with them installed?

You can get both the running light and fog light function.

·
Registered
791 Posts

Amazon.com: Blue Magic 725CD-06 Headlight Lens Restorer - 8 oz. : Automotive

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Found this posted from awhile back with someone that installed JK fog lights in his.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I actually have these on my Ditch Lights.
The Yellow wire operates the HALO and the Red operates the fog light.
I did see those too. I ended up ordering the first ones you shared a link for. I'd prefer if they were a tad larger, but I think they'll still fit nice.

I'll upload a photo when they're installed!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks! It looks like it works without the whole wet sanding process too. I just ordered some and will try it out on my hazy third brake light cover.

My fog lights are also cracked and one had about 1/4" of water sitting in it. So I'll probably just replace it.
I swear by this stuff. It did a great job on my headlights. About every 6 months or so I had to do a little touch up on them. A couple of minutes on each side and they were as good as new again. None of those treatments are permanent and since this stuff is so easy to use keeping up on it is not a problem.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hard to see with the glare. I'm not sure how to turn down the exposure on my phone. But basically they match the DRL around the headlights.You sort of can see them in the reflection from the hood. Those are just the HALO's on.

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle Wheel

1 - 20 of 24 Posts