Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found a stock wj that hasn’t been altered in away, put a simple 2 inch lift on it but my issue is I want to throw some nice tires on it but I want to avoid trimming as much as possible, so I’m thinking of putting smaller rims on maybe a 15 or 16 preferably get a tire higher walls ? I’m not sure if that’s going to be to small for the rotors. any one have any advice on a size tire that could work? I am definitely a weekender so I dont need crazy mud tires .. yet 😉

·
Premium Member
7,253 Posts
16" is a terrible size for tires. The size selection is slim and the prices are higher because they are less popular.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone I decided to stay with 245/70/17 I like it I think it looks sharp, I’ll probably upgrade to a 3.5 or 4 lift eventually.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Be aware if you do have it lifted. There's other issues with strain on the chassis as well as handling issues. You're talking about a pretty substantial shift in vehicle handling dynamics. New rear sway bar. Wear on your drive line and transmission. If you want attention install a HO motor. Or see Martinbuilt motor mods on utube. I'm on Goodyear AT trail runners. In stock size they're almost 31 when new. They're fantastic tires you can run at high pressures. I run mine at 51. And the Jeep just handles great. I have the urethane bushings in the front and sway bar in the back. I had a 4Runner once and it handled similarly. It's actually barely 4,000 lb vehicle compared to a 2011 with the hemi which is almost 5,000 lb. So that for seven you can actually visualize serious performance potential.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts