Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Advice for a new owner!

Hi all, I just picked up a 2007 Wrangler X (soft top, manual) this weekend. As you can see from my profile page, I know NOTHING of Jeeps other than some Upstate NY off-roading decades ago. My technical know-how is also near zero, but man I love driving sticks. I live in SoCal and this will be a weekend fun car, with some mild off-roading and such.

Question for anyone who will answer: is there a good place I can check out online that might give me an "everything I need to know about Jeeps" before I pick this beauty up? Wikipedia is just history and stats, YouTube appears to be pretty technical (roof removal, etc) and the internet is just full of ads. Something along the lines of basic mechanics and/or maintenance, what to avoid doing with it (or should do with it), what to carry or have handy (besides the basics), problems with the model year, etc.

ANY help or advice for this newcomer is appreciated! I'm a big fan of 1) taking care of what I own, and 2) making the best of it. I don't want to miss anything in either category. Many thanks, and glad to be aboard.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
You have come to the right place here. A wealth of knowledge here for the seArching or asking.

Have fun with your new Jeep and as Neo has mentioned check all fluid levels on a regular basis as the vehicle is used and no one knows why the original owner truly sold it. Much better to find and issue before it becomes a huge expense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.