478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Information
Price $30
Rating 4
Average Price $27.7
Manufacturer Advanced Adapters
Recommended Yes: 10 / No: 0

This bracket removes the linkage from the body and places it on the transfer case where it should have been all along. Install takes about 2.5 hours and the final result is a better shifting transfer case.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Price $38
Pros removes shifter pivot point from the body, tightened up shift feel and precision
Cons removing factory studs to install longer ones was a bit of a pain
Recommended yes

Comments: Once you get over the initial frustration of having to pull the 2 factory studs out to install the included longer ones the install is relatively easy and worth the effort. The bracket is pretty much bulletproof and I'd go as far as saying over built but it does the trick without any of the pivot point drop bracket nonsense that most body lifts include to "band aid" a defective factory design. Install took me about 1 1/2hrs from start to finish with basic hand tools. Lastly, spend the money and buy a new shift bushing kit when you do the swap, its cheap and new parts make all the difference

·
Registered
64 Posts
Price $32
Pros Gets the linkage OFF the tub
Cons None for the price!
Recommended yes

Comments: Install was easy. Only complaints are my non-dainty fingers and arms.

Did NOT have to extract the studs and use the ones provided. I have a 2006 X TJ. It's black and shiny too.

Realigning the t-case shifter was not difficult. It'll be required unless... well, it'll be required. Manually dropped into 4Lo with the retaining bolt loose, put shifter into same, and then tightened bolt. Shift action is smooth afterward.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Price $32.99
Rating 5
Pros Cheaper than almost all others
Nickel Plated
Came with the extras for the "incase"
Cons Directions could have had bigger &better pictures for beginning mechanics. Really...what is the added cost? There are better write-ups online
Recommended yes

Comments: Installed the Advance Adapters bracket yesterday on a friends jeep and it was great.
  1. Dropped the belly pan
  2. Removed the 4 bolts on the transmission tunnel after peeling the carpet back
  3. Removed stock bracket and moved the bushing to the advanced bracket
  4. Removed two nuts off the transfercase (gearwrench made this easy)
  5. Inserted bracket between the stock one and the transfer case and replaced the nuts
  6. re-did the last step because I realized I needed to insert the jackshaft rod into the new bracket before installing
  7. Adjusted linkage
  8. ENJOY!

Install was really easy and no more binding with mismatched drivetrain/body height. Cutting or grinding /welding the bracket to fit more applications would be really easy. I did not need to use the extended studs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Price $20
Pros Allows me to shift properly after a suspension and body lift.
Cons Does require a bit of bending and work, not bolt on.
Recommended yes

Comments: Good quality and never gives me any issues. Does require bending up the linkage yourself but if you really can't heat and bend a rod of metal to roughly the same shape as a guide then Jeeping isn't really for you. Jeeps probably should have never had the linkage mounted to the body anyways.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Price $35
Pros Cheap solution for linkage misalignment
Cons .
Recommended yes

Comments: I installed this without dropping my skid, that was a PITA!

The included 3/8" hardware was the wrong pitch, I ended up making my own studs.

After a few months of use... Yes this bracket works, but, I will be upgrading to the Novak cable system soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.