41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Price $600
Pros No Vibes. Drives Great.
Cons Price
Recommended yes

Comments: This is a must have when you lift your Jeep over 3 inches. It eliminates the vibrations. I love it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Price $600
Pros proper angles are restored. The transmissions sits where it originally was and in turn shifts smoother. The tcase no longer leaks. a much smoother ride.
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: I love this mod. I was able to return my trans to its original position and in turn the driveline angles have been restored to the proper orientation. A much smoother ride, smoother shifting, and much stronger parts. No more leaking transfer case and no more slip yoke. Everthing is on there tight and won't be falling off like my original shaft and slip yoke. Could not be more happy with this.

·
A locked & armored LJ
645 Posts
Price $495
Pros Stout, easy to install, TW driveshaft
Cons Just having to remove the skidplate to install
Recommended yes

Comments: Not difficult to install. Previously had adjustable UCAs to to dial in the pinion angle wasn't too hard. Eliminated my vibes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Price $600
Pros cheap, pretty strong, and easy to install.
Cons rusty's gave me the wrong length shaft
Recommended yes

Comments: i've had it on for about 8 months and wheeled it all summer with no problems.
rear u joint is starting to go though, went through lots of water and mud though, so should be expected

·
Registered
196 Posts
Price $400
Pros Easy upgrade to make.
Cons The rear output seal went after a 1,000 miles. This was due to a rough spot on the yoke. It may have been damaged during shiping however it was easly repaired using sand paper and i have had no issues since then.
Recommended yes

Comments: Inspect the surface of the Yoke to ensure it is smooth. Mine was damaged however I do not think this was due to manufacturing. I think the cause was either shipping or me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Price $460
Pros No vibrations!
Cons None so far.
Recommended yes

Comments: So far, I'm very impressed with the SYE/DS. Good quality and fixed my vibration problem. I have a Dana 44 from an old CJ that has the pumpkin off center to the passenger side about 3 inches. Also the brackets that were welded on were positioned for a different TJ which I believe had a higher lift than mine. Was causing some serious vibration problems (enough to break a universal joint). This kit fixed the problem.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Price $472.5
Pros Eliminated all driveline vibrations created by the 4" lift. Eliminated the need for the T/C drop and relocation brackets and returned everything back to stock locations.
Cons NONE
Recommended yes

Comments: Fairly easy install. I did remove the T/C from the Jeep to do it, was much eaiser out on the bench. Customer service from Tom Woods was A+++. Had a few questions on the driveshaft and he was very quick to respond with any help and answers needed!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Price $500
Pros Easy to install in your garage, more solid connection from T-case to Diff.
Cons none yet
Recommended yes

Comments: I broke my slip yoke on my first outing, cost me nearly $1500 between towing and repairs. Now I know I have a better system with the Advanced Adapters SYE and a Tom Woods CV Shaft, but I'm still cautious.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Price $600
Pros Great Kit
Cons Lack of intructions
Recommended yes

Comments: Tom woods DS are the **** comes with everything and fully greased to the max, AA SYE was great and pretty easy to install minus some set backs caused by my self

·
Registered
22 Posts
Price $465
Pros Great quality and price
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Don't even considering lifting your TJ without installing these parts. No vibration with these upgrades. Will need to consider adjustable upper rear control arms

·
Registered
204 Posts
Price $500
Pros Strong, well built
Cons The paint on the driveshaft comes off very easily.
Recommended yes

Comments: Output shaft was very heavy and well built, the machining was very high quality. The drive shaft was really beefy and probably about 5 times as heavy as the stock one. The only complaint i have about the driveshaft is that the paint on it comes off really easily. Just handling it, a bunch of it came off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Price $525
Pros Fit well and install was easier than expected
Cons n/a
Recommended yes

Comments: Strong and smooth - great company to work with too. Im 17 and learning as I go but I had a pretty easy time with this so it is definitely a pretty do-able project with enough research.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Price $499
Pros No more vibrations.
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: After lifting my TJ with a 3in lift I started noticing vibrations at highway speeds. I was changing U-joints pretty often. I picked this kit because it had great reviews. It took a day to install and was a good learning process for me. The instructions were pretty clear. The vibrations are gone and I have a smooth ride now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Price $600
Pros Very strong and looks really good, easy to install
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: Very nice product from Tom Woods. the drive shaft is very strong and heavy. obviously very well made, the sye was very straight forward and easy to install. very happy with the kit

41 - 60 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.