Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently ordered the 2023 Grand Cherokee WL Limited about a month ago, and I just found out it comes with neither Highway Driving Assist (HDA) nor Active Driving Assist (ADA). Is there any way I can add any of the 2 driving assists into my vehicle? I have Adaptive Cruise Control and LaneSense system. So I assume there's gotta be some way to add it? I appreciate any help I get.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I have recently ordered the 2023 Grand Cherokee WL Limited about a month ago, and I just found out it comes with neither Highway Driving Assist (HDA) nor Active Driving Assist (ADA). Is there any way I can add any of the 2 driving assists into my vehicle? I have Adaptive Cruise Control and LaneSense system. So I assume there's gotta be some way to add it? I appreciate any help I get.
Possibly, I assume just about anything can be done, but who knows what all hardware you need installed. I don't know what HDA is other than a Hyundai group naming convention, sorry, but ADA might have a special steering wheel, since it has touch sensor in it along with other cameras and sensors around the Jeep.

·
My Reality Check Bounced
19,531 Posts
There are extra cameras, sensors (including driver), and software required. There is a touch sensitive steering wheel, if your model doesn't already have one. If the option is not available in the accessory catalog, it will be less expensive to trade the Jeep for one with the features you like than to try to modify your Jeep.

When an option is not in the accessory catalog it is unlikely that option can be added to the VIN by a dealer (I.E not an approved mod for the VIN). So you are into hacking computers and harnesses.... good luck with that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts