Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But the engine still runs. After a few seconds everything comes back on, including every dash warning light. Happened about 4 times in a 10 minute drive. Alternator?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Backstory I should have mentioned: About 2 weeks ago I had fuel pump code. Took it to my local shop and they said it was fine but one of the battery cable was loose and that can sometimes give false codes. Otherwise they said it might be the computer. He said they don't do computers. It was fine till this happened.

Just got back from AutoZone and these codes were thrown. Is my computer shot?

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Backstory I should have mentioned: About 2 weeks ago I had fuel pump code. Took it to my local shop and they said it was fine but one of the battery cable was loose and that can sometimes give false codes. Otherwise they said it might be the computer. He said they don't do computers. It was fine till this happened.

Just got back from AutoZone and these codes were thrown. Is my computer shot?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I posted about the same problem on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee about a week ago. At the time I said no codes were thrown but when I hooked up my scan tool, I got U-1403 and U-1411. Both are not listed anywhere but a search says that U 1403 is "Implausible fuel level" and U1411 is "Implausible fuel volume" . The problem occurred about a year ago also and both times the engine was running and the Jeep drove, but all dash gauges, dash power, ac, and radio were out... I actually sat through a red light thinking the Jeep had dies when in fact it was running. Last year when it happened I got a BS "U" code... I suspect what's happening is a ground strap is loose on the body somewhere. According to my manual, there are two on the drivers side of the engine compartment and one probably inside the kickpanel near the OBD2 port by the pedals ... I haven't fixed or found my problem. It happens real infrequent... a year apart... I think with the loose ground signals from the computer buss...twisted wire pair running all over .... are glitching the main computer, causing the erratic symptoms.... If you find the answer before me..PLEASE POST THE SOLUTION...

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I posted about the same problem on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee about a week ago. At the time I said no codes were thrown but when I hooked up my scan tool, I got U-1403 and U-1411. Both are not listed anywhere but a search says that U 1403 is "Implausible fuel level" and U1411 is "Implausible fuel volume" . The problem occurred about a year ago also and both times the engine was running and the Jeep drove, but all dash gauges, dash power, ac, and radio were out... I actually sat through a red light thinking the Jeep had dies when in fact it was running. Last year when it happened I got a BS "U" code... I suspect what's happening is a ground strap is loose on the body somewhere. According to my manual, there are two on the drivers side of the engine compartment and one probably inside the kickpanel near the OBD2 port by the pedals ... I haven't fixed or found my problem. It happens real infrequent... a year apart... I think with the loose ground signals from the computer buss...twisted wire pair running all over .... are glitching the main computer, causing the erratic symptoms.... If you find the answer before me..PLEASE POST THE SOLUTION...
Thanks for the reply. That sounds exactly like mine. I thought it stalled the first time too. The no AC for 30 seconds in Texas is the worst part. I'm gonna bite the bullet and take it to the dealer tomorrow. I'll let you know what they say and how much $$$$😒. I have a feeling they will shrug their shoulders after keeping it for a week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts