Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

a/c not working

624 Views 16 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Brad426
so last dec i had to replace the heater core in my 03 liberty. while i was in there i noticed the a/c evap was nasty, it had green mold, fur, and and more on it. so i also replaced that since i was in there. but the a/c now does not work . i filled and charged it. at first, it would only NOT work while in idle, (say at a stop light, or parked), but now it wont work at all. i have checked all my levels. the thermostat is fairly new, the a/c compressor is fairly new (it works , it turns like it is supposed to). the coolant levels are normal. so i dont know what i have missed. can any one please please help me. my windows dont roll down so i NEED a/c. lol . (im working on getting the window to work)
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
so last dec i had to replace the heater core in my 03 liberty. while i was in there i noticed the a/c evap was nasty, it had green mold, fur, and and more on it. so i also replaced that since i was in there. but the a/c now does not work . i filled and charged it. at first, it would only NOT work while in idle, (say at a stop light, or parked), but now it wont work at all. i have checked all my levels. the thermostat is fairly new, the a/c compressor is fairly new (it works , it turns like it is supposed to). the coolant levels are normal. so i dont know what i have missed. can any one please please help me. my windows dont roll down so i NEED a/c. lol . (im working on getting the window to work)
Might be a fuse. Be sure and check your fuse box 9 times out of times its something in there.

· Registered
1986 Jeep Cherokee
395 Posts
Since the compressor runs and the return line has condensation on it, that part of the system is working. Back in the day we used "a good sweat" to know when it was close to being perfectly charged. I will say again that it is under the dash that the problem exists

1 - 17 of 17 Posts