Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 98 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 5 speed been lunging and hard to start for about a month. Has good fuel good air good spark just changed o2 sensor. There is a rattle near the fire wall but I think it’s a motor mount or a manifold mounts. Lunges hard at high rpm’s with low speeds but don’t at high speed (above 50) anything will help thanks in advance

·
Disturbed Jeepaholic
42,127 Posts
A clogged/broken catalytic converter will rattle and have those symptoms. My 98' did that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay so I’ve cut my cats and they are clean. I got the codes yesterday and says misfire on all cylinders and camshaft positioning sensor changed the sensor and code never changed. Lost all power on the 4 lanes it pretty much just died

·
Registered
12,927 Posts
did you replace the CATS?

Do you have a scanner - ideally looking at live data would give us a snapshot of eng systems.
Post ALL the codes you have.

Status now- cranks and starts? cranks and no start? won't crank?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did you replace the CATS?

Do you have a scanner - ideally looking at live data would give us a snapshot of eng systems.
Post ALL the codes you have.

Status now- cranks and starts? cranks and no start? won't crank?
It’ll crank and start it’ll run. Didn’t replace the cats but I’ve cut it off and ran it the codes say misfire on all cylinders and the camshaft positioning sensor

·
Registered
12,927 Posts
No cats then system will be setting codes.
Feathering throttle suggests to me - Idle relearn, running RICH, .

fethering the throttle should soon do relearn...
-
Did you ry to move the distributor - maybe trying to set timing?
P0300 - maybe look at fuel pressure.
BUT YOU NEED CAT installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts