Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
I just did a bunch of searching because I thought this had popped up before, and it had.

Nobody has the answer. You'll have to figure out the wiring yourself, or use a different transmission. Or use a Novak shifter and just treat it like a clutchless manual.
I sorta opt for that option.

See if you can find out the minimum data the trans needs to shift. If it's only RPM and throttle position (?) you might be able to run everything on the YJ harness and 4.0 ECM and steal those data points to feed the GC ecm to the trans.

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
using the factory ZJ cluster with the CCD Bus system
Isn’t there a separate ecu for the cluster?
Or am I confused?

I’m just wondering if you couldn’t test the pins and at least see if the signals are being sent. Then you’d know if it’s in the communication cables or at the cluster?
I dunno. Just trying to help

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
going to use the original YJ harness for everything except the wiring to the pcm required to make it run and shift. This may require me to wire the yj gauges direct to each sensor rather than through the pcm. Tach may be an issue, but I think everything else will work that way.
Your zj pcm will want to know some things. Temperature, cps etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.