Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey Everyone, I'm concerned my girlfriend is spending too much money on fabrics, buttons, etc trying to design the perfect dress. Since she is draining her bank account on these items, does anyone know of a supplier that sells cheaper fabrics or prints? If not, do you think she should start a new project and abandon this one for financial reasons? Thanks everyone for the help!
Better one.

Hey guys, my gf just bought 3 coach purses that cost $400 a piece. She said that she needed one for all her outfits but now we're cutting into savings so she can get a $200 wrist wallet. I keep telling her to cut our losses and sell them but she claims that if she does she wont have anything to match her $200 shoes that she got on ebay for a great deal of only $100. I wanna know 2 things first how many purses/handbags are too much and second at what point did i cross the amount of "bull**it to put up with vs. hotness" threshhold?

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
This reminds me of the old days of Jeepforum :woot: I miss those days.

If no one see's the humor they fail at life. FWIW that describes my wife, except she washes her hands to make the sandwiches :rofl:

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Outside of the first page, has anyone even answered the OP's question?
Oh, and Welcome Japan!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry

All here a JF, firstly I apologize for the bandwidth consumption. I originally saw the link to this thread on Facebook. It cracked me up because, ladies, like it or not that is what MOST men would find ultimate nirvana. Not that we are demanding it of you or even remotely asking it. Its not reality. It was a joke and a funny post. Lighten up and get off your high horse.

I submitted it to Reddit without thinking it would get this popular. None of my submissions ever do. I was wrong. I should have taken a screen shot and posted that instead of a direct link. Sorry about that. Hopefully the forum is more stable as this type stuff usually dies down quickly.

This seems like a cool forum and I wanted to apologize as I feel I have disrupted your pretty awesome community.

Also, ironically enough, I own a Jeep Commander. Anyone have a used OEM Jeep overhead DVD console?

Again, hopefully your server does not lag anymore and next time I find a awesome post on JF, I will submit a screenshot.

·
Registered
459 Posts
All here a JF, firstly I apologize for the bandwidth consumption. I originally saw the link to this thread on Facebook. It cracked me up because, ladies, like it or not that is what MOST men would find ultimate nirvana. Not that we are demanding it of you or even remotely asking it. Its not reality. It was a joke and a funny post. Lighten up and get off your high horse.

I submitted it to Reddit without thinking it would get this popular. None of my submissions ever do. I was wrong. I should have taken a screen shot and posted that instead of a direct link. Sorry about that. Hopefully the forum is more stable as this type stuff usually dies down quickly.

This seems like a cool forum and I wanted to apologize as I feel I have disrupted your pretty awesome community.

Also, ironically enough, I own a Jeep Commander. Anyone have a used OEM Jeep overhead DVD console?

Again, hopefully your server does not lag anymore and next time I find a awesome post on JF, I will submit a screenshot.
You brought the forum a ton of publicity, and this thread is something for all to see (at least the first post). Look around on the forum for the Commander section. The tech support on this website has saved me ALOT of money.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Let the guy spend HIS money how HE pleases. As a girlfriend, you really have no say nor do any of us. He wanted the jeep, had means to get it..got it. Probably had fun with it, broke it. It's a labor of love. Some of us enjoy wreching around on stuff. Why pay top dollar to get something fixed, when you can go buy the parts, invest a little time, and learn something in the process of the repair. I'm sure if you had a car that broke, then brought it to the repair shop and looked at the tab you'd love to have bf that could fix said car for pennies in comparison. He's gaining knowledge and pride from that "overpriced" ****can. Like stated above, why not just help him do what he wants to do. I bet he'd be overjoyed to have his gf passing him tools, or just sitting there talking to him while he works. Why be that irritating girlfriend sitting in the shop miserable when you could get your hands the slightest bit dirty and make the guy smile. No matter what, a girl who wants a serious shot with a guy never intentionally hurts his pride. Posting on a Jeep forum about his what you consider "bad" decisions isn't being helpful or supportive..and you're not going to get the answer YOU want

In terms of part-outs..They're a gamble, you may have someone come buy the whole jeep at once..But thats usually not the case. He most likely won't make back what he put into it. In a decent time frame atleast.
My wife will gripe about me working on my Jeep or WS6 but when she need something done to her car she is all for me working on it to save some money. When she gripes about it taking longer than she wants to wait I tell her to get her arse out here and help me or shut the hell up. That usually ends the griping sessions.

Gina gave the best advice and it coming from another woman makes it even better. Gina I would love it for the wife to roll up her sleeves and come help sometimes as long as she doesn't keep asking a million questions and hour.

The first reply to the OP was awesome. I am sure every man has wanted to say something similar at some point and time. It was a little harsh but he was keeping it real.

·
★=THE MOAR YOU KNOOOW=
465 Posts
They are still keeping this in the Tech thread? Man.

You guys, you're post about women in this thread are comical, but I am pretty sure that it doesn't describe 99% of women on JF. We don't care how much money you put into your Jeep because we are doing the same thing. We roll up our sleeves, stay hard at work, and still manage to take care of the house. JF men, when you make a post, please keep the women of JF in mind. While I found the original posting funny, some of the comments afterwards are a bit crude.

·
Registered
48 Posts
They are still keeping this in the Tech thread? Man.

You guys, you're post about women in this thread are comical, but I am pretty sure that it doesn't describe 99% of women on JF. We don't care how much money you put into your Jeep because we are doing the same thing. We roll up our sleeves, stay hard at work, and still manage to take care of the house. JF men, when you make a post, please keep the women of JF in mind. While I found the original posting funny, some of the comments afterwards are a bit crude.
I completly agree. IMO th original response was irected to the everyday house wife.. My wife asks me all day long, " can I help you work on the jeep." But after 10 minutes she is saing," I'm bored, I'm going inside." She just isn't into cars/trucks. It's not her thing. This post wa directed to the eveyday house wife who doesn't like to get dirty. My advice to the BF of the OP. Dump her, because now we all will know what kinda gf you have at your place and none of us will want to come over to help you.. LOL JK

·
Registered
12 Posts
"Asshattery" ROFL. I know this thread is slowing down bandwidth but think of the smiles its created across the world. Bob, you're a funny guy. I have to admit that previous to this thread I thought the only thing funny about the British were their teeth.
This forum has been a great source of info for me for years. I've often searched through and found what I needed. I admit that I've only posted a few times and never helped anyone out and maybe its time I gave back. Hopefully many of the people who have jeeps and come across this board will join and the guys who are inconvienienced now will have members to work with as a result.
Has anyone checked to IP of the OP to see if matches with any members and where has the first responder been?
Asshattery - I'll have to use that one.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Ah, perfect response. Actually saw this over on my Mazda site rather than on here haha

·
Registered
162 Posts
This thread makes me sad to have sold my XJ. Now I'm stuck driving in the snow in my Trans Am.

Oh well.

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
deleted all my nonsense in the begining of the thread, man i was in a foul mood that day

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hooray for those of us who found a someone who:
1. isn't afraid of getting her hands dirty
2. realizes life is about what you built, not what you bought
3. recognizes our need for a hobby

and most importantly:
4. doesn't read forum posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
wow, I just came across this thread from franksemails.com. This thread has gone viral!!

I agree with the second poster. And besides, HE should be asking the questions. Maybe he is like the rest of us on JF, we love our Jeeps!! And you just dont see it...

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Anyone wanna take a guess at how popular this will get?

141 - 160 of 160 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.