Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 160 Posts

·
Banned
87 Posts
Wow we are a mature bunch, my advice go to another forum and ask for advice you obviously are not going to get much good stuff out of us. The original advice given was actually fairly sound advice but what happened to being a little bit kind to people looking for advice especially a new person

·
Registered
174 Posts
Let the guy spend HIS money how HE pleases. As a girlfriend, you really have no say nor do any of us. He wanted the jeep, had means to get it..got it. Probably had fun with it, broke it. It's a labor of love. Some of us enjoy wreching around on stuff. Why pay top dollar to get something fixed, when you can go buy the parts, invest a little time, and learn something in the process of the repair. I'm sure if you had a car that broke, then brought it to the repair shop and looked at the tab you'd love to have bf that could fix said car for pennies in comparison. He's gaining knowledge and pride from that "overpriced" ****can. Like stated above, why not just help him do what he wants to do. I bet he'd be overjoyed to have his gf passing him tools, or just sitting there talking to him while he works. Why be that irritating girlfriend sitting in the shop miserable when you could get your hands the slightest bit dirty and make the guy smile. No matter what, a girl who wants a serious shot with a guy never intentionally hurts his pride. Posting on a Jeep forum about his what you consider "bad" decisions isn't being helpful or supportive..and you're not going to get the answer YOU want

In terms of part-outs..They're a gamble, you may have someone come buy the whole jeep at once..But thats usually not the case. He most likely won't make back what he put into it. In a decent time frame atleast.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't think the negative comments are necessary. She obviously cares about her boyfriend or else I don't think she would have taken the time to create an account and ask for advice. She wanted an opinion so give her facts and values as to why or not he should keep the jeep. Granted not all comments were negative. Personally if he likes the jeep let him keep it. It might be expensive and appear to be a pain in the ***, but it is rewarding and he will have a useful vehicle once it is fixed. Just my 2 cents....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nobody thought about if they have kids, if he has other responsibilities or what the actual situation is. And "anal," how many guys that actually get anal would say something like that? My .02, get a used engine to drop in. The 4 liter engine usually gets north of 200, 000 and costs almost nothing and can be found just about anywhere. If he wants to rebuild the engine because he built it with some go fast parts then this will give him time to rebuild it slowly, correctly and as funds allow. It is tough seeing someone do something you see as painful, especially when times are tough financially but as long as it isn't actually stopping you from making payments you need to be or putting food on the table, have his back. I'm at least $15 grand in the hole on a 68 firebird. Its still in pieces and I'm about to drop another $4 on an ls2 engine. I told my wife, she said, "you could be putting that money towards your son's education or our mortgage," and she's right. But she didn't say no and she doesn't nag. And when (if) it comes back together she will know that car defines me and she will be proud that her husband can build something like that when some men struggle to change oil. So look at it this way, at least you're not my wife - or that "anal" guys hand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
And what to people have to say

That is after they get over the realization that the jeep is clearly the superior vehicle, yea i said it :goink:

And gold really?
What they say? Mostly that we have understanding wives (because they're all looking over our shoulders).

The jeep is superior in many ways. One example that springs to mind is the way they never rust out due to the continual chassis lubrication performed by the oil leaks. And they make great paperweights.

Ok, gold may have been an overstatement. Certainly quite shiny. Perhaps you can see if you can swap this thread for an island in New York State? Oh hang on, someone got there first. :hahaha:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ill refrain from my comment about greentaco because i would be instantly banned, and i think its time this thread got closed before people get all butthurt, have a lil thicker skin people
If you get butt hurt via the internet then you dont need to be on it. lol, but there are other ideas about what the OP was trying to do other than owning her boyfriend. ;)

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Ill refrain from my comment about greentaco because i would be instantly banned, and i think its time this thread got closed before people get all butthurt, have a lil thicker skin people
how about no one attacks anyone and we keep it tech only in this section? deal?

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
how about no one attacks anyone and we keep it tech only in this section? deal?
Now Now i didnt say anything bad about him..............yet

21 - 40 of 160 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.