Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving engine turns off and on like flicking the key sometimes dies but restarts have changed crank cam sensors coil. Tps map checked wiring and grounds. Even put it in shop. For diagnostics. Probable cps changed it out twice. There seems to not be a mopar replacement anywhere. When it dies it tossed code for coil primary and secondary never anything else. Replaced coil

·
Registered
12,648 Posts
could you post all code numbers?

whan it dies out - will radio change - wipers stop- etc?

·
Registered
Jeep Cherokee XJ
60 Posts
My jeep did that going over speed bumps leaving my work one day. It just shut off fired right up didn’t have any issues for a couple of weeks then one day I had another speedbump that shut off fired right up parked it at the store came back out Jeep would not start after fiddling with the ignition for a while I got it to start. Mine was the ignition in the steering column. I haven’t had a problem with it since. Hope this helps good luck to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My jeep did that going over speed bumps leaving my work one day. It just shut off fired right up didn’t have any issues for a couple of weeks then one day I had another speedbump that shut off fired right up parked it at the store came back out Jeep would not start after fiddling with the ignition for a while I got it to start. Mine was the ignition in the steering column. I haven’t had a problem with it since. Hope this helps good luck to you.
Didnt find anything in colum ign. Realy a mind bender may surrender and part out its in premium condition lots invested but not using it dont no what else to try

·
Registered
Jeep Cherokee XJ
60 Posts
Well I hope you can get it figured out, I have been chasing a ghost in my 96 as well. I may actually bite the bullet and take it to a shop. I haven’t had to go to a shop in 15 years it’s killing me. You can look up my thread and see what’s up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts