Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Moderation in Moderation
1995 YJ Wrangler SE
11,642 Posts
Derale and Hayden have crap and i mean potentially catastrophically crap controllers.

That's a start. Before the anti-electric fan crowd appears here with their pitchforks... do yourself a favour and get a Flex-a-lite adjustable fan controller. The rad probe version works fine, but ideally, get an in-line sensor version.

2nd. Thermostats for our YJs are not all the same. SOmetimes you can go through 1 or two new ones just to find one properly produced.

Which brand and specs is the T-Stat you chose? Did it have a provision drilled into it to assist in letting any trapped air pass through?

Since you overhauled your entire system for this conversion, i would totally bet it's either the thermostat, or air in your system (or a combination of both) that are causing your issue.

I know some here (quite legitimately might i add) are going to come in here with a, "see... e-fan issues". They aren't wrong but not entirely right either. In your case, it wasn't just an electric fan you added so i think there are a couple things causing this issue (specified earlier in this post).

EDIT: while we're on the topic of what you added, what make and model is the waterpump you added? What was the make of the fan? You sure you installed it correctly? Some fans are pusher fans, some are puller fans... some are both.

·
Moderation in Moderation
1995 YJ Wrangler SE
11,642 Posts
i agree with going back to mechanical fan for now.

But am curious if there still is any lingering issue. We might never find out if you switch back to a mechanical fan while doing a really good burp job and finally getting any air out of that system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.