Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
I was for the electric fans but recently when back to the belt driven since I had the temp sensor go bad I didnt use a thermostat I used a switch and I couldnt get a good replacement. It would come on at 210 but I went through 3 and all would not shut off till 100 which caused over heating at speed. With that said when I was going through it I learned a few things and had mine to where on 37s with 4.10s I6 I could run the pretty steep grade on the mountain here at 117mph and not over heat. I only did it once.

As others said get a spal or flex-a-lite fan. You need atleast 3500cfm if you are in a hot summer area. I used a pusher and a puller since under certain conditions the puller just wasnt enough.

If you ask me now the e-fans just arent worth the trouble. But if thats what you want good luck. Youll get to learn about the cooling system,

Also dont take the thermostat out youll be back here with all kinds of weirds questions in a few weeks.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
Just got the fan shroud, installing tomorrow. i am going to wait on the water pump to make sure I'm chasing the right tail.

Fish apparently the boil over was a one time event and it was extremely hot out that day. Cats relatively new and i have a smog due. I'm friends with the smog tech, ill see if he can provide some insight as to the lean/rich issue. but isn't this all controlled by the ECU? i was thinking at some point to do the 4 hole injector swap, if i can find any more positive feedback on it.

Chris tyvm for your input.
I have the injectors. You can get them off amazon cheap. If you need injectors sure why not. But its not an upgrade that is noticble. No extra ponies no better milage. I think most of what people think they are doing is due to taking out old injectors and putting in new ones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.