Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have a link?
I have found some online but they don't seem to match up with my wires.

Most list 2 black wires and I only have one. They also list a pink wire as hot and i don't have a pink wire.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
When I did my stereo, I also looked for some links online and they seemed to be off.

I knew my hot wire was a certain color (I forget which), so I looked at the various Jeep schematics until I found one that listed the same color hot wire.

It seems that the right schematic for my 92 MJ was listed under a 94 XJ. I went by that and all the wires matched up perfectly.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
A lot of the wires changed colors year to year for no particular reason what-so-ever. :confused:

This is the image I have on my photo account. Sorry it's not very big. I think someone over at the comancheclub.com/forums had a larger version.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Myself I do not use factory wiring for my stereo system I run my own, 2 reasons..1 if a problem arises to me its easier to follow my own color wires.. the 2nd is I don't mind rewiring cars/trucks I just hate trying to fins spec sheets on it. I did run a second battery for my system and soon to add multiple off road lights.

2 under hood 100 amp fuses.
I run 2 amps
Alpine Flex 4 power cable is purple, remote turn on is blue, ground is green, run to external cross over

2nd amp is a powered 6" Bazooka Bass Tube that one has red-power, black-ground, yellow-remote turn on, run to external cross over

Door Speakers 6 1/2 Audion Bahn are a solid color + -run to inline cross over to tweeters then to external

back speakers are clear coated wires 5 1/4 Audio Bahn run to external cross over

I only had to remove some trim panels to hide my wires took me about 4 hrs to do taking my time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
usually black is negative red is positive and i belive yellow or orange is your ignition so it turns off when your truck does. im not sure on the door speakers i havn't hooked mine up yet when i do ill let you know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.