Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son is off to the Navy and Left his XJ behind because he was supposed to go out of country. Now he's in Key west and needs a ride so I'm fixing some odds and ends (brakes, speedo, window regulators and such). I went to start it to move it the other day and it wouldn't start. After troubleshooting I got no spark. I replaced the coil with no luck then the ignition control module.

It started up ran great. I started it several times no issues. I went to fixing other problems and tried to start it again. No spark again. No check engine lights or anything just no spark. I can't think that a brand new ignition module failed in 5 min of run time. I'm ordering a replacement but I'm hoping someone has seen this before and can help. the modules are $125 a piece.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was the crankshaft position sensor. the other parts were 30 years old so replacing them was no real loss other than the expense and headache.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The F#@$%er sat for week and won't start again. I'm working through the tips now. I suspected electrical issues and the FIRST tip is fix the grounds and references the parts I just replaced so I guess I may be on the right track. Wish me luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.