Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Is there a way to know exactly what was installed at the factory for my exact Jeep if I have or give someone my VIN#. I have a feeling that someone along the way has changed up some of my drivetrain components and want to put the correct clutch, pressure plate, TO bearing, and bellhousing fork back so my TO bearing this time around will last more than a month or two. Need some help please.

Thanks all.

Sid

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
You will not get that kind of data from a VIN. You will get trim, body style, engine size and transmission.

If you filled in your profile it would make it easier to guide you to where this sort of data is.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeep data

Ok, profile filled in to the best of my ability. Just for an FYI; 258, 4 spd(T-176) I believe it is a 300 model(?) transfer case, AMC 20 rear. I just do not know why I have so much of the clutch adjustment screw threaded out upon a new install of clutch parts. The threaded long nut is hanging on by a few threads to get the right adjustment. I'm wondering if I'm putting the correct parts in for my year vehicle.

Thanks and my apologies for the lack of a profile.

Sid

1 - 4 of 4 Posts