Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Brake Cables

I agree that Control Cables (http://www.controlcables.com/) is the way to go for E-Brake cables.

I measured my set-up, gave them the measurements and they provided high quality, great fitting cables for less than I could find from the typical sources.

·
Registered
20 Posts
inexpensive 8.8 install

I grabbed a complete rear end assembly out of 2003 sport track. was able to get all hardware as well, including ford driveshaft, U-bolts and plates, with built in shock mounts, and parking brake cables.

I cut spring perches, carefully, off of 8.8 rear end, repositioned them, and welded them back on in correct spot and angle for my yj. used ford U-bolts and plates. attached stock yj shocks to ford spring mounting plates. had to massage the shock mounts on the plates a little for correct shock bolt angle. stock brake line attached to ford splitter block. routed ford parking brake cables to left side and cut cables and housings to correct lengths to attach to stock yj holder. used a couple brass bulkhead connectors to keep cables from rattling and vibrating in holder. drilled hole in 1/4"x20 coupling nut, and routed cable through it (same for other cable). set to correct length for connecting to stock yj splitter. tightened 1/4"x20 bolts in each end of coupling nut, pinching cable securely. adjust yj parking brake splitter to obtain correct parking brake settings. removed driveshaft flange off of ford driveshaft. purchased conversion u-joint (Spicer 5-134x) and attached companion flange to stock yj driveshaft.

Voila!!! complete 8.8 disc brake rear axle assembly, installed for a grand total of $36, not including initial cost of the rear end itself.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.