Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Hemi owners,

Has anyone adjusted their fans with HP Tuners? If so, do you have any screenshots showing how to do it.

My tuner is telling me that he cannot adjust the ECT on my model which I doubt very much.

Thanks in advance...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi WH-AUS. Yes seems strange. On my previous 2008 it could be done and also on my present 2010. I will see if I can find a 2005 stock tune and give you some advice.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I looked at a stock 2005 tune and if your tuner knows the task, it is very easy to select the temps you want the fan to activate at. Remember to fit a cooler thermostat else you will have a miss match. I am running a 88 degree C one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
So for some reason I am incompetent at getting photos in this forum properly. I have screenshots of my laptop but can only get them in bitmap img files and can't get them to upload. If you can tell me how to get them in a proper format I'd be happy to share them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok here are some cell phone pics. You can see right in the middle of the first pic it has "Control by ECT" the button says "PWM Desired ECT". The second pic is the edit box it opens. The stock value was 219.
your a legend thanks so much... What year is your GC ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked at a stock 2005 tune and if your tuner knows the task, it is very easy to select the temps you want the fan to activate at. Remember to fit a cooler thermostat else you will have a miss match. I am running a 88 degree C one.
Yep, I've got a 88c thermostat in there. He has adjusted all the fan setting (low, high and AC) but the fan won't kick into what has been set unless the desired ECT is set and he is telling me that there is no option to set it

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yes, I noticed that. I could not find a stock 2006 tune, but a 2007 stock tune that has the ECT setting. I would try this, and make sure all other engine settings are OK. He will have to adjust the WOT delay to 0.000 in the Power Enrich amongst other settings, since you are running WOT at 0 delay. This make a huge difference.

Cannot upload the tune file, but it is available on the HP Tuners repository.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine is a 2009. I don't know if there would be a difference between yours and the 08+ with the fan options.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hello fellow Hemi owners,

Has anyone adjusted their fans with HP Tuners? If so, do you have any screenshots showing how to do it.

My tuner is telling me that he cannot adjust the ECT on my model which I doubt very much.

Thanks in advance...

Not related to your fan problem, but what wheel/tire package are you running? How much lift?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not related to your fan problem, but what wheel/tire package are you running? How much lift?
The pic has 265/70r17 Mickey Ts ATZp3 with painted stock rims and 1.5" wheel spacers no lift.

Now I got a 2" Lovells Suspension Lift with the large spacer that comes with the kit.
Front sits an inch higher but will be putting spring spacers in rear to match front.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine is a 2009. I don't know if there would be a difference between yours and the 08+ with the fan options.
Looks like its different as their is no option to adjust the desired ECT unless its on a different page

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, I noticed that. I could not find a stock 2006 tune, but a 2007 stock tune that has the ECT setting. I would try this, and make sure all other engine settings are OK. He will have to adjust the WOT delay to 0.000 in the Power Enrich amongst other settings, since you are running WOT at 0 delay. This make a huge difference.

Cannot upload the tune file, but it is available on the HP Tuners repository.
Would you be able to go into the 2006 stock tune and see if there is an option to Enable the ECT under the Engine=>General Tab please? I wonder if its been disabled for some reason.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I could not find a 2006 stock tune, but as mentioned, the 2007 has the ECT option. I would load this tune after having checked all other settings. Pay attention to the WOT delay as mentioned.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I could not find a 2006 stock tune, but as mentioned, the 2007 has the ECT option. I would load this tune after having checked all other settings. Pay attention to the WOT delay as mentioned.
My bad I thought you meant you couldn't find the ECT option in the 2006 stock tune.

I'll have a look at that.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The pic has 265/70r17 Mickey Ts ATZp3 with painted stock rims and 1.5" wheel spacers no lift.

Now I got a 2" Lovells Suspension Lift with the large spacer that comes with the kit.
Front sits an inch higher but will be putting spring spacers in rear to match front.

Thanks! How much rubbing did you get before the lift? How much after?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts