Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else ever had an issue with the sway bar making contact with their springs after installing a lift kit?

I am still in the middle of installing the lift but the front is completely done and the swaybar now hits the spring if you swing it up or down...any help or ideas for solutions would be helpful...right now I am considering hacking up the swaybar and re-welding it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Pictures please.....

Hard to imagine, where the swaybar hits the spring......:wink2:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like it's too flat. Point it up to 25 degrees and that should clear it.
I understand what you are saying but it will hit every time my wheels tuck or droop then won't it? I have JKS Quicker Disconnects I plan on installing too but I want to figure out the issue first before I install those.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I understand what you are saying but it will hit every time my wheels tuck or droop then won't it? I have JKS Quicker Disconnects I plan on installing too but I want to figure out the issue first before I install those.
Just go with the install angle recommendation on the JKS box and you'll be ok.
I have them and they don't touch the springs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys! This is my first time installing a lift and it's with a newer manufacturer...I had to call the owner to get the proper control arm lengths, so I was a little worried about this. I did know I am supposed to have the sway-bar arm pivoted up higher but I was just unsure if it would make contact when it droops or tucks. Thank you again for assuaging my fears!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.