Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

392 Rubicon

3083 29
Hello Jeepers

Have had my 2021 rubicon 392 for two months now and love it. Averaging about 15 mph around city, so not to bad. Getting Aries power step up bars next week also.I bought the Jeep used from the dealer for an outrageous price! With 1200 miles on it.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
That YouTuber is awesome! I love how real world his testing methods are. As for this product, I'm surprised he saw any positive results but good for them that it did do a little something.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
525 Posts
I guess it depends on how you drive, and what most of your driving consists of. I've been averaging 18 mpg. Better than my old TJ. Stop and go will definitely hurt you. I try to go a little faster than I want at first, then back off a little and let it drop to 4 cylinders. For me, that seems to offset when I get on it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I guess it depends on how you drive, and what most of your driving consists of. I've been averaging 18 mpg. Better than my old TJ. Stop and go will definitely hurt you. I try to go a little faster than I want at first, then back off a little and let it drop to 4 cylinders. For me, that seems to offset when I get on it.
18mpg? I’m guessing a non XR package?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
18mpg? I’m guessing a non XR package?
I watched a post a few days ago from a seemingly credible youtuber who got between 17 and 18. I wouldn't be upset with those numbers if it weren't for the premium requirement. Icing on the cake ... except the exact opposite!

Speaking of the Extreme Package ... if I somehow justify in my excessively left brain head to order a 392, I was going to pass on the XR package (I'm assuming XR = Extreme). Is that something that would make the entire crowd gasp or is it just a personal decision?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I watched a post a few days ago from a seemingly credible youtuber who got between 17 and 18. I wouldn't be upset with those numbers if it weren't for the premium requirement. Icing on the cake ... except the exact opposite!

Speaking of the Extreme Package ... if I somehow justify in my excessively left brain head to order a 392, I was going to pass on the XR package (I'm assuming XR = Extreme). Is that something that would make the entire crowd gasp or is it just a personal decision?
The XR is the Xtreme Recon package that comes from the factory with 35s, a small lift, tailgate wheel/tire hinge upgrade, and the biggy is the 4.56 gears. I think that’s where the mileage takes a real dump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Accidental Obfuscator
8,099 Posts
Yea i know im lame not coming inn for almost a year. BUT
reading through this thread let me add:
Using tazer in rear drive only and adaptive cruise where ever possible (even lightly trafficked city streets) gets me to 15.4 city and 18.3 highway (avg 75mph). My 3.8 JK (5:18 on 35s) never got over 17 at 65 and tanked to 14.5 at 75.

Now when I take the throttle its 12.2 city and 15ish at 75. and 10.5/13 in OR+

21 - 30 of 30 Posts