Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

392 Rubicon

3084 29
Hello Jeepers

Have had my 2021 rubicon 392 for two months now and love it. Averaging about 15 mph around city, so not to bad. Getting Aries power step up bars next week also.I bought the Jeep used from the dealer for an outrageous price! With 1200 miles on it.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
I Like to Camp
13,020 Posts
I saw this 392 at my local dealer last October. Sexy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I dunno if things have slowed down but I’m seriously thinking of selling mine with less than 3k on the clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do it now (as in today) because WHEN things turn, this type of vehicle will be the fastest to drop in value. Its price point is massive, it's a borderline exotic vehicle and the horrific gas mileage will all combine to make it desirable to far fewer of the tiny group who even know what it is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not a hater. In fact I'm drooling over the thing so much I had to replace my keyboard!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do it now (as in today) because WHEN things turn, this type of vehicle will be the fastest to drop in value. Its price point is massive, it's a borderline exotic vehicle and the horrific gas mileage will all combine to make it desirable to far fewer of the tiny group who even know what it is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not a hater. In fact I'm drooling over the thing so much I had to replace my keyboard!
Maybe so. Maybe not. These 392s are still selling for 10-30 grand over msrp. My selling dealer won’t let theirs go for less than 20k over and two dealers in Florida won’t even talk to to you for less than 30k. It’s hard to say what the future holds but I’m sure it ain’t good. Guess we will all see

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are they SELLING or are they SITTING with a ridiculous ASKING price? I'm only tracking a couple of them but the ones I have been watching are SITTING.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m not sure. I’ve looked in my area and only found like one or two brand new ones on a lot. So I don’t know if it’s that they’re selling quickly or the dealers aren’t getting them in stock.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's a very peculiar market and has been since 2018. I believe the supply/demand issue and therefore the used car values have peaked. I've recently sold a couple of vehicles and you'd be surprised the trouble I had getting even close to the top dollar you hear everyone all around claiming they're getting. Carvana is a good gauge too as I've been watching the offer they made me on my 2015 Ram peak and slide downward. I'm a boat broker and boats are not a necessity like cars but it's a good pulse to have a finger on and I'm seeing the peak and slow shift to starting back down where used values are concerned. As for new prices, the inflation and supply issues of course still persist but demand is down too or you wouldn't see anything anywhere. Yes, in some pockets of the country every vehicle is presold but in the rest the dealers are only pretending it's that way. I mention used a lot here because when that shift to a slide or freefall starts, it will most certainly drag new prices right down with it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's a very peculiar market and has been since 2018. I believe the supply/demand issue and therefore the used car values have peaked. I've recently sold a couple of vehicles and you'd be surprised the trouble I had getting even close to the top dollar you hear everyone all around claiming they're getting. Carvana is a good gauge too as I've been watching the offer they made me on my 2015 Ram peak and slide downward. I'm a boat broker and boats are not a necessity like cars but it's a good pulse to have a finger on and I'm seeing the peak and slow shift to starting back down where used values are concerned. As for new prices, the inflation and supply issues of course still persist but demand is down too or you wouldn't see anything anywhere. Yes, in some pockets of the country every vehicle is presold but in the rest the dealers are only pretending it's that way. I mention used a lot here because when that shift to a slide or freefall starts, it will most certainly drag new prices right down with it.
Unfortunately I think you’re correct. I’d probably be better off just keeping my 392 and sucking it up on the fuel costs. I mean 5 or 6 bucks a gallons pretty ugly but they’re claiming 8-10 here in Calif is possible. That I can’t do

·
Registered
5 Posts

Yeah the 392 is a hot ticket. The premium being paid over sticker will eventually end but I wouldn't doubt she holds on to alot of that premium in the resale market. You can't just throw a hemi in a rubi and get the same jeep. The 392 is special, not recognized for what makes her special, all you hear is how great it sounds and how bad the mileage is. Reality is she is pretty special, so balanced and powerful and the traction is amazing. I'm getting 15 mph combo and I don't baby it. I can get 17 on highway when in cruise control. I love this jeep

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah the 392 is a hot ticket. The premium being paid over sticker will eventually end but I wouldn't doubt she holds on to alot of that premium in the resale market. You can't just throw a hemi in a rubi and get the same jeep. The 392 is special, not recognized for what makes her special, all you hear is how great it sounds and how bad the mileage is. Reality is she is pretty special, so balanced and powerful and the traction is amazing. I'm getting 15 mph combo and I don't baby it. I can get 17 on highway when in cruise control. I love this jeep
Do you have the XR package on yours? I do and that seems to be the mileage killer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
no XR - been wondering what the mileage difference might be like
I’m lucky to average 13. If I want to get on it it and drive a bit spirited I’ll average 11, or a bit less. Currently I’m driving it like a 90 year old woman and chilling in the slow lane. I’m gonna baby the **** out of it and see if I can get anywhere near 15-16

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m lucky to average 13. If I want to get on it it and drive a bit spirited I’ll average 11, or a bit less. Currently I’m driving it like a 90 year old woman and chilling in the slow lane. I’m gonna baby the **** out of it and see if I can get anywhere near 15-16

I've added CeraTech engine oil additive (against the advice of Jeep tech). I've used this for years in all my cars never had an issue, never had a tech advise against it. It definitely reduces engine drag which helped with mileage. I also noticed it quieted the exhaust note down a little (unintended consequence) which i am scratching my head over. I intend to continue to use it, usually add to every other oil change

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've added CeraTech engine oil additive (against the advice of Jeep tech). I've used this for years in all my cars never had an issue, never had a tech advise against it. It definitely reduces engine drag which helped with mileage. I also noticed it quieted the exhaust note down a little (unintended consequence) which i am scratching my head over. I intend to continue to use it, usually add to every other oil change
Did the Jeep tech give you an explanation as to why you shouldn’t use the additive?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did the Jeep tech give you an explanation as to why you shouldn’t use the additive?

No just that the specified oil is all the engine needs, I could tell he didn;t really know what it was. Here's a review

I ran it for 8+ yrs in my M3 w/ its S65 engine and swear by it. Only thing I've been contemplating is the fact that BMW engine was super high revving which takes care of burning off any excess carbons etc etc. It's been on my mind to redline this 392 to keep it clean as well. I love this product and will keep using it

·
Registered
20 Posts
No just that the specified oil is all the engine needs, I could tell he didn;t really know what it was. Here's a review

I ran it for 8+ yrs in my M3 w/ its S65 engine and swear by it. Only thing I've been contemplating is the fact that BMW engine was super high revving which takes care of burning off any excess carbons etc etc. It's been on my mind to redline this 392 to keep it clean as well. I love this product and will keep using it
And when using it you have noticeable mpg differences compared to not using it?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts