Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

3" lift

199 7
I have a 2000 XJ with a 3" lift. Should it have spacers to drop the transfer case down to adjust the drive shaft angle? If so what is the thickness of the spacers? I get some vibration when I decel I'm wondering if this could be the cause.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Sky Car
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Real Jeeps have dents
30,059 Posts
Lift kit vibes are excessive wear on the t-case bearings. 2000-01 are more prove to drive line vibes than earlier models years. A t-case drop may reduce the vibes, but it also increases the front drive-line angles, and the strain on the motor mounts. An SYE is the solution.

· Real Jeeps have dents
30,059 Posts
1997 - 2001 have a different rear output shaft on the transfer case making an SYE more necessary than the older models.

One of the guys in my local 4x4 club thought he didn't need an SYE on his 1999, then one day he did need an SYE .......

YMMV.

· Registered
70 Posts
No transfer spacers on that rig either, just my bastard pack homemade lift kit and free shocks from a 4x4 junk pile. All free lift. I built the add a leafsout of Tacoma spring parts.. I only bought the rear hangers for $40.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1997 - 2001 have a different rear output shaft on the transfer case making an SYE more necessary than the older models.

One of the guys in my local 4x4 club thought he didn't need an SYE on his 1999, then one day he did need an SYE .......

YMMV.

Thanks for the input. I think this is the cause of the noises I have been hearing that I put in previous post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts